Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

converting Sport Model to A-TRAC

Old 12-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #101
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I'll tell you what, all you Atrac owners gett together an we'll see if I can make it as far as you on the trails? Sound good? Name the place?
But wait. In the other thread you said you can hang with the offroads all day on the trails. Are you telling us that was a lie and you really don't know if you can? Why would you say something if you don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr
I can hang with the OR's all day, have done it many times, will do it again this weekend, and will continue to do so
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2331615
Old 12-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #102
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
So if you traded in your truck for A-Trac you must be wheeling all the time? I guess your sport couldn't handle the trails?

I am envious and if I knew what I would be doing with my truck when I bought it I would of gotten an Offroad. Live and learn. Not all of us can afford to trade in a truck because of our lack of forethought.

You have to realize though that a good driver in a sport will out drive some DB who has A-Trac all day long. Hell 1/2 of the people in here don't even know how to activate it and some of them try their lockers on pavement.

I am here to help so your welcome. Donor vehicle...seriously? Well at least the feasibility has started to sink in.

I would put both of my bumpers up to any stock bumper allpro makes for our trucks and bet my yearly salary that mine is much stronger and will last longer without maintenance and care in the NE salt we get. 10 gauge metal will rust out in an instant as well as dent or shear to shit. I don't need customer support - it was made right the first time and isn't going to fall apart or need replacement parts. When you buy an offroad bumper that states it has replacement parts I walk away simple as that.

Who is anti a-trac? We just bashed the idea of retrofitting a truck that doesn't have it becuase of the enormous amount of time and money required to do such a thing.

I would agree and I would buy an offroad if I could do it again.

Yea - some major buthurt going on in here

I would have repped you for this post, but I have to spread it around before I can rep you again.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #103
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Driver Skill is worth more than technology... I got my '10 Off Road because it had a rear locker and I liked my previous two Tacomas so well. I didn't know it had A-TRAC... Toyota really sucks at promoting such a great tool... and that is what it is, a tool that enhances our truck to perform as if it had an aftermarket front locker.

If you don't have traction on at least one tire, you won't move no matter what skill you have. What lockers or A-TRAC does is put torque to all tires or all traction tires (since torque to non-traction tires is of no use).

A-TRAC is better than a rear locker 4WD when the one tire with traction is on the front axle! A-TRAC is not better, just different than a vehicle with a front locker added, it just doesn't cost you extra as well as allows easy steering on the trail.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #104
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My sport has A-trac
Quote:
Fuck Allpro!! A-Trac's great!!!
Quote:
One time, I left my A-trac button on and got 40mpg!!!!! You should try it!!!
Quote:
Is A-trac like V-tec?
Quote:
Do Hondas come with V-Trac?
Quote:
I'll tell you what, all you Atrac owners gett together an we'll see if I can make it as far as you on the trails? Sound good? Name the place?
Quote:
I vote Windrock, Rausch Creek, Harlan, Moab, or Rubicon
WOW, the more I read you, the more I can see the hidden frustration of having the sport model, and not having the great tool. You are bashing something you don't even have or tried, how immature is that.

Also, now I can see how you got to 14 000 posts.

See you in your Lrgrnr's Picture/video/half ass build thread.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #105
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn Larry I didn't know you were frustrated being the only Sport to make it up that line on Dicky Bell
The same line I opted out of taking in my "mighty" TRD OR...

Some people don't seem to get that it's the driver, not the truck.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #106
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #107
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A-Trac's Kicken' in Yo!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #108
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supralight View Post
Wow just had a revelation, from my above, #84, post.

Most of the ppl (all but 1) involved in my ''thread sinking quotes'' are actually sports owner, or base model trucks owners.

One of reason I traded-in my 09 was to get A-TRAC. It's normal to be envious guys, just stop jacking up every thread that has the word A-TRAC in it.
I am not the least bit envious of you .

In all honesty if the Sport could have A-Trac I would most definitely get it , why wouldn't you , but I needed the long bed and the Sport suits my needs perfectly .

I said this thread was deja vu because it was decending into the A-Trac vs Lockers pissing match that DavidK's A-Trac thread turned into .

So Fuck off .
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #109
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Real IFS front skids are made from 1/4" steel

ATO - FTW....well just allpoo. Bud and some others have good beefy skids as well.

I still got the paint on my hands. I'm out.

Damn Larry I didn't know you were frustrated being the only Sport to make it up that line on Dicky Bell

Some people on here amaze me.

Supra can take his tool and ram it up his ass so it's next to his head.
This^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
The same line I opted out of taking in my "mighty" TRD OR...

Some people don't seem to get that it's the driver, not the truck.
This^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
This^^

Quote:
I can see why Toyota has to idiot proof our trucks

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2268793

cause of people like you
This^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
So Fuck off .
And most of all this^^^^
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #110
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Retarded Canadians
Is it really necessary to be a punk about all this? Can't we just exchange information and data and learn from each other?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #111
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
I was just wanting to prove it you
Eh. Even if you could I really don't care. Of course there are truck that can go further than me. I'm stock. There are also trucks that can go further than your 2.25wd. Who cares though?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #112

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you could take a joke I would joke about you also.
Dude, you got to come up with better jokes! Ones that are funny would be a good start... although your new sig. that says: scoop>atrac ... is pretty funny!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #113
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
He is From Quebec..barely Canadian.
Aren't they more.........dare I say.......... French?
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Dude, you got to come up with better jokes! Ones that are funny would be a good start... although your new sig. that says: scoop>atrac ... is pretty funny!
If you ever meet Lurry, you will see the humor in his .........humor.....

Lurry is like a visual comedian on a radio program. And Dave, ask him what this is............

I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. My ribs still hurt.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #114
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Duh fuck is that!!!!!!!!!!
It's a goddam hole in the floor!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #115

Marines:
Quote:
Damn Ben you need some carpet
And I thought Lisa was bad with the stalking!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #116

Marines:
Quote:
It's in the picture. The damn vent is installed over plywood. No stalking needed. I can also summarize you had a rotten floor and new HVAC installed......

Plywood and vents look brand new

No HVAC, No plywood, and I do have carpet. It's a Google Image you asshat.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #117

Marines:
Quote:
Back on topic..now we have the girl and kitchen crew in here making their inside jokes..fuck may aswell close the thread.

Shit............*...looks around.....*........This isn't the kitchen?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #118
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Retarded Canadians
Quote:
He was joking with him. C'mon David lighten up it's Friday
Quote:
He is From Quebec..barely Canadian.

If Booger is calling ME retarded , I can't really dispute that . haha

You better damn well not be accusing me of being from Quebec though Twilight !

Tabernac , it's on !
Old 12-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #119
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
just buy a trd offroad and get a new hood bumber and door handles.
is there an extra foot mod i can do for my bed?

thats why i bought a sport!

and, what is a-trac
Old 12-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #120

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrules View Post
is there an extra foot mod i can do for my bed?

thats why i bought a sport!

and, what is a-trac

Make it stop