Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is it worth 5K?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Is it worth 5K?

So I have a 06 sport prerunner. I found another 06 sport 4x4. Exact same setup and miles that I have but it is a 4x4. Question is.....I offered them a trade with 5K on top for the 4x4. Does this seem like a fair deal for me? I really do regret not getting the 4x4.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what the actual price and mileages are.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you might be paying them a little to much just to get a 4x4 but I'm not an expert. 4 wheel drive sure is nice though!!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do some research and find out what it costs as a factory option and offer to trade plus that amount of money. $5,000 sounds high if it's really the same truck, mileage, etc.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
what did I miss?
skunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudi
skunk's Tacoma Gallery
thats more like the price for a diesel upgrade from gas.

probably 3K for a 4x4, all other things being equal.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
As mentioned it depends on what the mileage is on the truck, the history of the truck is another issue as in was there anything wrong with it, also how is the body and the interior in it, is it as nice and in good shape as your truck is.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
$2k-5k is around the price difference between a 2wd and a 4wd depending on the make and model
Old 12-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
When you go to barter with then, remember to tell them that you're trading them a vehicle with less maintenance requirements than the 4x4. That's worth something.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
from memory, the 4x4 was a $2k option. $5K seems a bit excessive.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
Ex STi enthusiast www.iwsti.com
Aod will become famous soon enoughAod will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: B.
Aod's Tacoma Gallery
Yah. I'd offer 2-3k.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for advice guys. My prerunner is in excellent shape. I assume the 4x4 is the same. Both are TRD Sports. Mileage is 52K for the 4x4 and mine has 54K on my prerunner.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
MonStar

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Update. I made offer on the phone of trading my truck in and 4K out of pocket and dealer said no. I guess Ill be keeping my rig for now.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #14
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Sell your rig outright and then go in there and make a deal on an 07! Double win
Old 12-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #15
BlueXenon is on a distinguished road

BlueXenon's Tacoma Gallery
Brand new, the difference between getting a 4X4 vrs a prerunner is approximately 3k. Since its used, id say offer less than that.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #16
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Assuming it's a dealer, I'd say you're in the right range. While the option was about a 3K difference new, the dealer also has to pay for all their overhead.

Check the trade-in value for your's vs. the used dealer value of there's, I would suspect you're closer to the 5k difference.

Up to you if it's worth it or not.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
Misplaced Texan
JTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: Military Corrections
JTanner's Tacoma Gallery
2k....if you paid 5k they would laugh about you while you were driving home.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #18
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds way to high to me unless it's a very low miles truck and yours is high miles and the 4x4 has some better options/mods.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
dont trade, thats instant loss right there.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
You gotta remember you live in the Northwest. We get lots of rain and a couple snow storms a year up here. 4x4 are much more desired than Prerunners. Due to the demand, the margin between a 4x4 and Prerunner are much greater than that of other areas down South. Down South, its warmer and dryer year round, the only time people need 4x4 is when they go off-road.

These trucks are worth more up here too. I was looking for a used 2nd Gen earlier this summer. Everytime I found one that I thought was a great deal (stupid low price), it turns out to be a Prerunner.

Most dealers would be asking 23-24k for that 4x4 Sport and 18-19k for Prerunner.