Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

custom grille emblem

Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
timmo will become famous soon enoughtimmo will become famous soon enough

Name: Tim
timmo's Tacoma Gallery
hey, thanks ron. i have a lot of work ahead of me though.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #22
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedWeirdo View Post
Looks good but you really need to relocate your horns..
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #23
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Looks good but you really need to relocate your horns..
It's been planned for a long time. I originally planned on mounting lights behind the grille and I was going to relocate them then. But the plan for the lights has continually evolved. One day I will get around to it. LMAO
Old 12-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #24
DocD will become famous soon enough

DocD's Tacoma Gallery
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but why didn't you get the big one? Dod
Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #25
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. It's different.

You could play with it a little, like maybe pushing it to the far left, off-center. But it can stand the way you imagine it.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #26

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
I like it. It's different.

You could play with it a little, like maybe pushing it to the far left, off-center. But it can stand the way you imagine it.
that's funny...the original design i sent to metalmiller WAS off center. i'm working on grinding some bevels into it and after that, it probably will just work all by itself without the old emblem on top. we'll see.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #27

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
update:

well, the grille is finally done but the emblem still need a lot of work. here are a couple of options for the final job. definitely need to spray some black paint behind the grille and i guess those horns DO need to get out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails
custom grille emblem-simple-logo.jpg   custom grille emblem-complex-logo.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #28
jdhudman is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
jdhudman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmo View Post
i just got my new grille emblem today. metalmiller has done it again!..just try to imagine it in chrome. oh, and ignore the odd grille job it's bolted too. that's gonna be changing soon.
I'm interested in a custom emblem as well. I sent metalmiller a PM a couple days ago, but haven't hear back.

Should i be concerned, or is he a busy man that will get back to me when he has some free time.

Just wondering...
Old 01-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #29

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
well, he does seem pretty stinkin' busy but generally he would get back to me within around 3 days or so. i wouldn't worry.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #30
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhudman View Post
I'm interested in a custom emblem as well. I sent metalmiller a PM a couple days ago, but haven't hear back.

Should i be concerned, or is he a busy man that will get back to me when he has some free time.

Just wondering...
I pm'd him this morning and back and forth 3 times today no problem. It was regarding an existing design however (SantaCruz) so maybe that's the difference. Sounded like he would have it done this week and ready to ship.