Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

custom grille emblem

Old 12-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
timmo will become famous soon enoughtimmo will become famous soon enough

Name: Tim
timmo's Tacoma Gallery
custom grille emblem

i just got my new grille emblem today. metalmiller has done it again!..just try to imagine it in chrome. oh, and ignore the odd grille job it's bolted too. that's gonna be changing soon.
Attached Thumbnails
custom grille emblem-new-logo.jpg   custom grille emblem-new-logo2.jpg  
Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Its unique...in this case size matters, I would have gone smaller! lol
Old 12-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #3

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
update

well, i wanted the original logo but cropped by the boundaries of the grille so this is what i came up with. i've come up with a new idea though:
Attached Thumbnails
custom grille emblem-super-emblem.jpg  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmo View Post
i just got my new grille emblem today. metalmiller has done it again!..just try to imagine it in chrome. oh, and ignore the odd grille job it's bolted too. that's gonna be changing soon.
IMO that's going to look way to blingy in chrome. It's already not very subtle. I'd go with flat black, so you can barely seen it against the grille.

Certainly unique though.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Hm... Very interesting.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #6

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
IMO that's going to look way to blingy in chrome. It's already not very subtle. I'd go with flat black, so you can barely seen it against the grille.

Certainly unique though.
oh yeah, i definitely gotta go subdued-i hate bling. if i use metallic tones they've gotta be brushed or something like that and one of the two will probably be some dark color.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh yeah, i definitely gotta go subdued-i hate bling. if i use metallic tones they've gotta be brushed or something like that and one of the two will probably be some dark color.
Wait I thought you said "just imagine it in chrome" in your original post.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would look better behind the grill, a little more subdued.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #9

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Wait I thought you said "just imagine it in chrome" in your original post.
yes i did. a chrome emblem is not bling but the project has changed and i agree that this whole thing in chrome would be too much.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #10

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
wow, i don't even wanna deal with figuring out how to mount it behind the grille. crap!..i'll check how it looks.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
The juice was worth the squeeze!
Blktaco16 will become famous soon enoughBlktaco16 will become famous soon enough

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Heath
Blktaco16's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!! Thats huge!!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #12
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Color match it to ur truck
Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
DirtDiggler will become famous soon enoughDirtDiggler will become famous soon enough
DirtDiggler's Tacoma Gallery
you should go to walmart buy an x wing fighter paint it flat black and mount it on the front of your hood like an hood orniment sweet!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #14

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
x wing fighter, haha...now you're just being ridiculous!

i think even silver color matched might be too much. i've seen it done right on this site though.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to save you a lot of time and frustration on this.

1. Get a much thicker mesh for your grille. Think Grillcraft or similar thickness...or thicker.

2. Paint your Flava Flav Toyota emblem black and mount it in front of the mesh.

It will still show up, but it will be a lot more subtle and will generate a lot less WTFs from people. I think if it's all black, it will look a lot better. If you want more contrast, powdercoat the mesh gloss black and do the emblem flat black.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiggler View Post
you should go to walmart buy an x wing fighter paint it flat black and mount it on the front of your hood like an hood orniment sweet!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #17

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedWeirdo View Post
I'm going to save you a lot of time and frustration on this.

1. Get a much thicker mesh for your grille. Think Grillcraft or similar thickness...or thicker.

2. Paint your Flava Flav Toyota emblem black and mount it in front of the mesh.

It will still show up, but it will be a lot more subtle and will generate a lot less WTFs from people. I think if it's all black, it will look a lot better. If you want more contrast, powdercoat the mesh gloss black and do the emblem flat black.

sounds like a man who knows. don't worry, the mesh i'm using is a sheet of the same material grillcraft is using. it's very sturdy and i can (have to) custom fit it. i promise it will not be "blingin". all black just may work but i really think if i can pull off some really lack-luster silver/gold it would look great.
i think i have failed to express my vision here. i'm not trying to make this stand out but it WILL be tricky to make this work. hell, i still have to work some bevels into this hard ass steel!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #18
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
haha dope emblem... now its gonna make your truck look smaller. nonetheless, that thing is bad ass!!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #19
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sounds like a man who knows.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #20

timmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedWeirdo View Post
mmhmm...mmhmm. i see you do. black may have to play a big part here, haha!