Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replacing rear door handles on double cab need help

Old 12-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
jeffcookie22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jeffcookie22's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing rear door handles on double cab need help

I just recently purchased color match door handles for my 11 tacoma double cab and i got the front door handles off but im having trouble with the rear ones if someone could help that would be great
Old 12-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just recently purchased color match door handles for my 11 tacoma double cab and i got the front door handles off but im having trouble with the rear ones if someone could help that would be great
How far have you gotten on the rears? You need to take the door apart and remove the latching mechanism on the side of the door.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
yeah i havnt even started on the rear doors didnt even know where to begin
Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Have to take the interior panel off of them.

Here are the instructions for door handle replacement.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 062009.pdf (502.5 KB, 207 views)
Old 12-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
oh man thank you so much that was great!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
No prob, but you gave me negative rep instead of positive rep for it!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
my bad man if i gave you neg rep def meant to leave pos.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcookie22 View Post
my bad man if i gave you neg rep def meant to leave pos.
No big deal man I have some rep to spare....

Did you get the back handles on? Color-matched door handles is one of the first mods I did.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
no havnt started it yet gonna wait till my long weekend lol
Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
deltaboxr1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
deltaboxr1's Tacoma Gallery
how did this work out swapping out the rear handles....looked at the pdf do you need to remove the rear window to remove the rear handles? took 10 min for the front,the rears are a little more involved
Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaboxr1 View Post
how did this work out swapping out the rear handles....looked at the pdf do you need to remove the rear window to remove the rear handles? took 10 min for the front,the rears are a little more involved
You don't need to remove the window, just the interior door panel.