Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which ARB Air Compressor

Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #41
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Pull the dash panel all the way out to trim it for the switches.

Not a lot to cut, but you'd rather be using chisel or dremel on your workbench than close to all that wiring and dash, and you only need to pull one plug to remove it clean away.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #42
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I hate wiring, I just did what seemed like a ton of it for the crawler install.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #43
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Pull the dash panel all the way out to trim it for the switches.

Not a lot to cut, but you'd rather be using chisel or dremel on your workbench than close to all that wiring and dash, and you only need to pull one plug to remove it clean away.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that. I was gunna do this to get everything mocked up and get everything wired with it out...Just have to plug wires in and tighten everything back down.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #44
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
You guys do know ARB makes a compressor in a box with a tank right? You just hook the compressor up to the battery with 2 clips and your good to go.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #45
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
You guys do know ARB makes a compressor in a box with a tank right? You just hook the compressor up to the battery with 2 clips and your good to go.
Yeah, though that's new since I originally started this thread.

But for running locking diffs, you want it mounted and wired up.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #46
mk38tech is on a distinguished road
Name: kain
mk38tech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
I'm about *this* close to ordering an ARB air locker for my rear diff from East Coast Gear Supply.

It needs a compressor to run it, obviously, and I'm on the fence about which compressor to get.

The CKSA12 is $160, and is designed to run the locker(s) and no more.

The CKMA12 High Output is $245, a little bigger, and can be used to air up tires. So I wouldn't have to carry my VIAIR 400 portable any more - and I could sell it to make up the difference in cost between the two.

The CKSA12 draws a little less current while running.

Are there any installation considerations? Does the mini compressor fit where the high output won't? I'm thinking of mounting under the hood on the driver side fender, just behind the fuse box mount.

Are there any other differences I'm missing or any other things I ought to be thinking about?
ok i saw this post and i made an account just for this reply. whats you guys review about using air tools with the ckmta12 and a small tank?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #47
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Deleted... Will try to put more helpful reply up later...
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #48
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the new dual compressor 100% duty cycle one. It's bulky enough you won't be able to mount it under the hood.

aRB says it was designed to flow enough air for tools.

Suggest you compare the specs to the tools you want to carry.

Perhaps a TW member who has one will chime in.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #49
mk38tech is on a distinguished road
Name: kain
mk38tech's Tacoma Gallery
i dont need compressed air under the hood. i need it under the bed of my truck