Notices

5100's and spacers??

Old 12-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
jayridinfast is on a distinguished road
Air Force: jet engine mechanic
Name: Jason
jayridinfast's Tacoma Gallery
5100's and spacers??

i was carious if u can get more lift combining 5100 ons high setting with coil spacer to get 5 inch front end lift??
Old 12-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure you cant go higher than 3 without a drop bracket. someone correct me if im wrong
Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
so i can do it with ucas??

PRO COMP SUSPENSION LIFT KIT -- Provides 6 in. front and 3.5 in. rear lift; Consists of add-a-leafs, lift blocks, carrier bearing spacers, coil spring spacers, strut spacers, rear ES series shocks, relocation hardware, and other replacement
Old 12-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayridinfast View Post
so i can do it with ucas??

PRO COMP SUSPENSION LIFT KIT -- Provides 6 in. front and 3.5 in. rear lift; Consists of add-a-leafs, lift blocks, carrier bearing spacers, coil spring spacers, strut spacers, rear ES series shocks, relocation hardware, and other replacement
That procomp is referred to as a drop-bracket lift.

As mentioned above, don't stack lifts!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
so the conculsion cant do no more than 3 without a drop bracket lift fml well christmas budget for everyone else dropped haha
Old 12-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayridinfast View Post
so the conculsion cant do no more than 3 without a drop bracket lift fml well christmas budget for everyone else dropped haha
Plenty of capable offroad trucks here with only 3". Several guys are running 35's on 3" of lift.

You know your ground clearance actually decreases with 6" of lift, because of the nature of the drop-bracket lift.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
i say do 3 and stay away from spacers and go with a nice set of Coil overs
Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
do a set of like king coilovers or icons make a big performance diffence over the billies i got now??