Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Must be old age...

Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Must be old age...

....creeping up on me. I was late for an appointment this morning, the windows on the Taco were covered with dew. I got in and backed up quickly...right into my son's Mercury, damn! The Merc has a dent behind the headlight on the fender, broken lenses and the Taco has a few scrapes behind the wheel well as well and the trim pieces and the mud flap is torn off.

Guess I'll just get some paint from the dealers and fix them both myself, I have a $1000 deductable.

Bummer!!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks
Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hate to hear it man, but we all have a lapse in judgment every once in a while.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
old people really need to learn to stay out of the driveways.

j/k. I've come close to doing stupid stuff like that because of the morning dew.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
That sucks! That's why I like my driveway. I have enough room to park both vehicles in front of my barn, and back up to the right so I can drive out. I have enough room to back up almost blind as long as I can follow the curve of the asphalt. Although, I have have kissed the tree with my front bumper. Half an inch and I would've cleared! So it just scraped a little bark off, and some scuff marks on the plastic.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
I got home today after going to the hardware store for a few BIG sheet metal type screws for the mud flaps. When I went to re-attach it I found that the rear quarter panel was bent in about 1/2". No dents, nothing, the thing is just moved in 1/2" on the bottom. Good thing is, it's not noticeable unless you compare it to the other side and then you have to look close. Rub the scratches out, repaint the wheel well trim and she'll be like new.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #9
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Know the feeling......Two weeks ago while backing our boat to it's launch spot,I corrected too far and had to pull ahead.I decided to stop and check after a big clunk and some grinding......Drove right into a pile of concrete slabs that I knew were there and dinged my pass.side tube step....Saved the truck but geez....
Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I know the feeling !!

Amoung all the stupid things I've done....the one I remember most....
is backing up into my garage door cuz I didn't open it.
I had sooo much stuff going on in my head..... I opened the left side garage door thinking I had to take my husbands car to work. Went back in the house, got sidetracked, and went into the garage and hopped in my truck which was parked on the right side.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #11
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #12
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

You must be old!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #13
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Should have been there the day my 69 year old father backed his 65K Lexus out of his garage without closing his door first.....

Or the time he used his 65K Lexus to take the front end off his 12K golf cart....

Or the time he left all 4 windows down on his 65K Lexus with a total disregard for his sprinkler system...

Or the time he didn't quite stop before the front end of his 65K Lexus found the end of the garage...

Or the time he used the rear end of his 65K Lexus to push the front bumper of my mothers POS antique Corolla in far enough to empty the windshield washer tank onto the driveway...

damn i'm only 21 years from his age. i'm depressing myself here.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Should have been there the day my 69 year old father backed his 65K Lexus out of his garage without closing his door first.....

Or the time he used his 65K Lexus to take the front end off his 12K golf cart....

Or the time he left all 4 windows down on his 65K Lexus with a total disregard for his sprinkler system...

Or the time he didn't quite stop before the front end of his 65K Lexus found the end of the garage...

Or the time he used the rear end of his 65K Lexus to push the front bumper of my mothers POS antique Corolla in far enough to empty the windshield washer tank onto the driveway...

damn i'm only 21 years from his age. i'm depressing myself here.

im getting the feeling that i dont wanna be anywhere near your father with his 65k lexus!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #15

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post

Fixed already!
I hate driving around in a banged up truck.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
maybe you should invest in one of these bad boys ---->
Old 03-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #17
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
^^ What were you searching for when you found this thread??
Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #18
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
it has nothing to do with getting old. I did it when i was 16. I backed my car out of the garage after washing it when it was cold out side. The windows fogged over and i couldn't see. I backed right into my parents car. I felt like such a DUMBA$$.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #19
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
Just looking around at different threads putting my 2 cents in as I go
Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #20
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
I bet you leave your directional on too!