Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where do you store your Ball Mount for the receiver???

Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Behind the passenger rear seat. I don't want the lock to rust up on it.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #42
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine in the shed except for summer. May-Sept is the only time I use it with my boat and it stays on the truck all the time then. Once I'm done I take it off and put it away.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #43
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
Drivers side back seat along with my maglite, trailer plug, lock and keys for trailer and receiver, refillable drink mug, and repair kit. One trick I've found is that I put the receiver/ball in an old sock. It keeps the grease off everything and quiets the bouncing around.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #45
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine with my trailer. They go together that way.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #46
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
I put mine in the toolbox. I don't know about other states but I know its against the law to keep it in without a trailer on in PA
Can you quote the vehicle code in your state that prohibits an un-used receiver being in place without towing?
Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #49
pcool69 is on a distinguished road

pcool69's Tacoma Gallery
In the receiver in the stowed position: http://www.turnoverball.com/tow.asp

Worth every penny especially if you have more than one tongue height.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #50
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Behind the back seat in my DC.
Me too. I took out the cheap plastic on the 60% side. It just eats up good valuable room
Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #51
BloodEagle has a spectacular aura aboutBloodEagle has a spectacular aura aboutBloodEagle has a spectacular aura about

BloodEagle's Tacoma Gallery
At home. I figure if I need to tow something, I'll know before I leave.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #52
Truckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud of

Name: Dan
Truckn4life's Tacoma Gallery
I leave it in. Makes people think twice about rear ending me. I think I have been rear ended around 7 times n my two trucks. Only once had to get a new rear bumper. 4 cars have been totaled as my ball went straight through the radiator. saved my ass lots of hassel. only one time did I even stay to fill out a police report as I had no damage. So, i just gave the people my plate # and full name. told them if they need any info, they could just call. only one ever tried to say it was my fault. not my fault I have a manual and roll back a few inches at a stop sign on a hill. shouldnt pull you BMW with in an inch of my hitch.

but you should see some of the looks on peoples faces when they get too close and I roll back a few inches to start. I am damn good on a hill so I only had one problem years ago. common people back the F off.

No Iowa law that im aware of.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #53
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
You roll back it is your fault.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #54
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckn4life View Post
I leave it in. Makes people think twice about rear ending me. I think I have been rear ended around 7 times n my two trucks. Only once had to get a new rear bumper. 4 cars have been totaled as my ball went straight through the radiator. saved my ass lots of hassel. only one time did I even stay to fill out a police report as I had no damage. So, i just gave the people my plate # and full name. told them if they need any info, they could just call. only one ever tried to say it was my fault. not my fault I have a manual and roll back a few inches at a stop sign on a hill. shouldnt pull you BMW with in an inch of my hitch.

but you should see some of the looks on peoples faces when they get too close and I roll back a few inches to start. I am damn good on a hill so I only had one problem years ago. common people back the F off.

No Iowa law that im aware of.
4 cars totaled because the radiator was busted? must have been some piece of shit's.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #55
Truckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud ofTruckn4life has much to be proud of

you try to not roll back on a 10degree hill at a red light, without using the parking brake. im just saying people forget that many cars are still manuals.

so when one rolls into you with a hitch that sticks out a foot and has two silver balls hanging from it. then i told you so. and you might think its my fault but the law (iowa) here clearly states that you have to maintain a min distance and its your fault if you mess it up cause you are an ass riding driver

yep crap cars, dodge carvan (i needed new bumper),old honda civic, new chevy malibu but not totaled (lady had rear ended 2 other people n the same month), dodge stratus (guy bought a nissan nsx the next week). all but the chevy malibu were some hard hits.

if you are under the impression I am causing these accidents in anyway then you are very mistaken. i have no need or want to sit around and wait for cops and idiots who freek out.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #56
guyjones10 is on a distinguished road

guyjones10's Tacoma Gallery
x2 for B&W tow and stow. Folds up under the truck when not in us.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #57
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
I was just saying that if you drive a manual transmission you're not supposed to roll backwards. A 10 degree incline is next to nothing though. In NYS lawfully it's the drivers fault if they roll back. The driver behind you is the real A-hole for snubbing up to you that close in the first place.Serves them right .
Old 12-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #58
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
i always leave mine hooked up. i use it alot, to much of a pain to remove it. i got a lock on mine. i use it for a step also when climbing into truck with tailgate up, now that i am lifted.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #59
FNG
The Iron Sheik is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
The Iron Sheik's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has mine.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitDecision View Post
In NYS lawfully it's the drivers fault if they roll back. The driver behind you is the real A-hole for snubbing up to you that close in the first place.Serves them right .
I will keep this in mind when I travel out of state. But im glad in Iowa the person who is behind you is at fault (not sure what the distance is). I know b/c some guy rear ended me and said it was b/c i rolled into him. I was on a flat road so not much rolling to be had. The cop told the guy he didnt care b/c it is always the fault of the driver behind you. Guess just in Iowa

I guess untill now I didnt even know you couldnt leave your ball in your hitch in some states.

So what if you have permanent hitch that sticks out say 1.5ft, its welded to your truck frame and ends in a open hole at the end for different ball sizes? lots of farm trucks have these hitches. so according to some states i would have to take the ball off my hitch but having a hitch that sticks out is okay??