Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where do you store your Ball Mount for the receiver???

Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
j0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

j0sh's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you store your Ball Mount for the receiver???

I have been trying to find a good solution for storing the ball mount for the receiver. I can't stand leaving it on as I always hit my knee on it. I like putting it in the compartment in the bed, but it rattles. I have tried wrapping it up in something to stop it from rattling, then it gets all rusted... What do you do with yours?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
Hellmutt is a splendid one to beholdHellmutt is a splendid one to beholdHellmutt is a splendid one to beholdHellmutt is a splendid one to beholdHellmutt is a splendid one to beholdHellmutt is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
Hellmutt's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's tucked away behind the drivers side back seat, but it would fit under the back seats as well........I'd never leave it in the bed compartments where it can be stolen
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i kept mine under the drivers rear seat until i got a toolbox
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Keep mine under the rear seat compartment on the drivers side(doublecab) and the brake light adapter in the drivers side door cup holder.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i keep it in.id rather someone (or me) hit it before my bumper.i have the hitch with the 3 balls on it.i know its there so i dont hit my leg
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one of those kits that came with the hitch, ball and locking pin all in a hard plastic case. I kept that behind the seats before I got a cap, not it's in the bed of the truck.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #7
joseph296 is on a distinguished road

joseph296's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine in for people who like to bump while parking
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I use mine too often to constantly put it in and take it out. Wait a second, what kind of balls are we talking about?

Either applies for me.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #9
zkdawg is on a distinguished road

Name: zach
zkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
i keep mine in the compartment behind the back seats, no rattling and no one can steal it.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
You guys keeping it in the cab are crazy unless it's fastened down securely. If you ever get in a roll over that thing is going to kill you flying around.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a DBL Cab so it is behind the back seat but it starting to rattle a little so I am going to move it.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #12
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
With the jack along with the wiring plug adapter, torque wrench, and lug nut socket. I use a towel to keep things from rattling.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
keep mine in the rear compartment under the back seat
Old 12-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #14
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine in the toolbox. I don't know about other states but I know its against the law to keep it in without a trailer on in PA
Old 12-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #15
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Behind the back seat in my DC.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #16
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
I put mine in the toolbox. I don't know about other states but I know its against the law to keep it in without a trailer on in PA
Though I don't leave mine in...I had no idea it was illegal around here! I'm going to do some digging to confirm this.

Stick it under the back seats in a doublecab. Wrap it in a towel (also handy to have) so it doesn't rattle.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #17
08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Daniel
08TRDOFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Under the drivers side rear seat in the storage compartment.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #18
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Bed storage. Rattling is a part of truck ownership!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
cobrakenny will become famous soon enoughcobrakenny will become famous soon enough

Name: Ken
cobrakenny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph296 View Post
I keep mine in for people who like to bump while parking
Me too, plus I tow almost every day!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #20
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
under drivers side back seat in the storage compartment. Also keep the 7-4 adapter, wrench, recovery shackle, and different sized balls. I use a towel to keep it from rattling. Plus the towel is handy to wipe my hands off when I'm hitching things up.

I can't leave it in the receiver because my truck won't fit in the garage with it in.