Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tailgate Lock by McGard

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate Lock by McGard

The company that does wheel locks and spare tire locks

now has a Tailgate lock! By watching the installation video at the

website below, it is adjustable to fit all trucks.

http://www.mcgard.com/Applications/A...lSkQRFXQ%3d%3d

Old 12-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I don't see a Tacoma specific one yet but if the price is reasonable I'd get one. It looks way better than a hose clamp.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
yea i was concerned about that also

but if you watch the installation video

you can adjust it if needed for you truck.

Plus it seems they have the same part number

for all the trucks listed , so probably universal.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a glorified hose clamp.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
I would agree

but it has the key like the wheel locks

so unless you have the key

you cant just remove it like a regular clamp.

Plus looks alot better
Old 12-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the clamp right now

But will be looking to upgrade soon

may-be a nice x-mas present ?!!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think I'm going to pick one up. I'll search for a price. If it is like $20 then I'll get it.

Edit: $24. Hmmmm. I still might do it.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
So what's it worth? And how much exactly is a tailgate worth. I'm thinking proper tool required for the job. Don't you think a thief will just go buy one then he has the proper key. Looks like a security Torx which are like not very rare.

Where there is a will there is a way. I watched the video's. I guess better idea then a hose clamp. Slightly more difficult to remove then a hose clamp. A extra minuet or two. That might be enough time to look for a easier target.

Better idea then what comes with the truck in the first place for sure.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #10
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
I put the screw on my hose clamp far enough back that it takes an awkward angle with a screwdriver to remove it. It took me some time to screw it in, but if someone tries to steal mine, it will take just as much time and I figure they'll just move on to the next Taco. There is so many around where I am
Old 12-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap View Post
So what's it worth? And how much exactly is a tailgate worth. I'm thinking proper tool required for the job. Don't you think a thief will just go buy one then he has the proper key. Looks like a security Torx which are like not very rare.

Where there is a will there is a way. I watched the video's. I guess better idea then a hose clamp. Slightly more difficult to remove then a hose clamp. A extra minuet or two. That might be enough time to look for a easier target.

Better idea then what comes with the truck in the first place for sure.
Its not a torx tip, or any other standard tool

each key is different ( just like the wheel locks )

and no other key will fit your application.

and for 24 bucks,

its well worth the price vise replacing the tailgate

and rear camera
Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #12

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its not a torx tip, or any other standard tool

each key is different ( just like the wheel locks )

and no other key will fit your application.
If that is the case then that is the tool for the job. I could not seem to find that description. If that is the case then we need a group buy.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
A hose clamp works just fine. Even if a thief had a screwdriver in hand, he's not going to spend an extra 2 minutes trying to figure out how to unscrew the clamp. Most thefts involving car parts take less than a minute or two.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
I agree

but better safe than sorry
Old 12-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Bully makes a tailgate lock .. That's what I use it's like $20
Old 12-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #16
Ex STi enthusiast www.iwsti.com
Aod will become famous soon enoughAod will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: B.
Aod's Tacoma Gallery
It looks good. Wonder where to get one locally or if you can only order online.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Where to Find these

Just called McGard 716-662-8980 Customer service

you can call them direct to order $24.95 + shipping

Or you can go to Amazon.com and order there as well

http://www.amazon.com/McGard-76029-T...2622640&sr=8-4

Also 24.95
Old 12-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wondering if there will be a group buy and what the discount would be... Until then, a hose clamp would have to do.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
Ex STi enthusiast www.iwsti.com
Aod will become famous soon enoughAod will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: B.
Aod's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm. Group buy sounds great on this stocking stuffer!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #20
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
is it plastic? A pair of channel locks could snap that thing.

Products Discussed in this Thread