Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The Fire has faded...horns of fire that is. Now what?

View Poll Results: What to do with faded horns
Strip color and leave plain 2 8.33%
Strip and paint (post color suggestion please) 9 37.50%
Polish them to an ooh Shiney.... 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Tactical Trunk Monkey
Celtic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
Celtic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Celtic Send a message via Yahoo to Celtic
Question The Fire has faded...horns of fire that is. Now what?

Ok here's my dilemma, I got my horns of fire several months back, and I noticed a month later, the color was much faded, and now I cant bear to look at them being so faded. So now what? I was wondering what your guys and gals might think would be a good idea... pics and Poll below

I just trimmed the front mud flaps, and I am planning to do the BHLM soon.

- Front

-Back
Old 12-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Torch it..... Gives it that nice blue burnt look if you do it right...
Old 12-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Tactical Trunk Monkey
Celtic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to beholdCeltic is a splendid one to behold

Celtic's Tacoma Gallery
Oh...heat treating to aluminum...I like the idea, But if it was steel, titanium, or Stainless steel it would be easy, but aluminum doesn't do that under heat unfortunately. But props for thinking out side the box.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Tactical Trunk Monkey

Celtic's Tacoma Gallery
It was anodized, to look like fire.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Wow , pretty cool effect . Redoing it is out of the question ?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
Tactical Trunk Monkey

Celtic's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I think so, since I bought them this way, and they faded so quick.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks , UV radiation .

I wonder if you could seal it with a UV inhibiting product ?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #10
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Color match to the body of your truck?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
Tactical Trunk Monkey

Celtic's Tacoma Gallery
Color matching, I was thinking of it. I could fix the damage on my hood at the same time, from the damn bug deflector.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if you could find someone to airbrush it back the way it was and then clear coat it.
Of course the cost might be a little high for that.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Polish them! thats what i did.

Edit: Here is the before and after
Before

After

Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #15
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
i vote leave it off the truck
Old 12-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #16
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
Polish them! thats what i did.

Edit: Here is the before and after
Before

After

What did you use to polish, a dremel or by hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
i vote leave it off the truck
Old 12-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
What did you use to polish, a dremel or by hand?
That my friend is 100% hand polishing. Started with 400g to knock down the milling, then 600g, then 1000g, then 2000g. Then took some mothers mag polish and a micro fiber and went to work. took about 2hrs. It wouldnt take you nearly as long though because you had your shot peened.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
That my friend is 100% hand polishing. Started with 400g to knock down the milling, then 600g, then 1000g, then 2000g. Then took some mothers mag polish and a micro fiber and went to work. took about 2hrs. It wouldnt take you nearly as long though because you had your shot peened.

All I can do is Maybe I found myself a project for over Christmas and New Years

Looks great
Old 12-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
powdercoat red??
Old 12-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Mine faded too, I'm going to try and rattle can them back to original color and then UV protect them.