Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dealer put in the wrong springs in for TSB!

Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Dealer put in the wrong springs in for TSB!

Went in to pick up my truck from the dealer after they did the TSB. Before walking into the dealer, I checked my truck as it sat in the lot. The dealer had put a new set of the exact same model springs into my truck that they took out. Swapping a three pack for a three pack.

I went into the service office and pointed out the error. Service manager apologized after realizing what they had done. They ordered the right parts and will swap them out again on Monday. What a PITA!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Wow- man - that's pretty bad... PITA is right.. I mean did the service tech look at the work that needed to be done and then put on the exact same springs?

Too much pre-holiday egg nog! I think they should offer some sort of 'compensation' for you time and effort like new mats or something...JMHO

Azbackcountry
Old 12-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
so do you get to keep those springs? or give them back?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Not the first time I've heard of this happening. Bummer.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yep....pita is right. had that happen the first time i took my 06(when i had it) for the spring tsb........but then i had to break out a copy of the tsb and show them what the hell they needed to order. i think i was the first one at the local dealership to have the tsb done.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
at least the dealer is willing to do the TSB in the first place. I had to drive 2 hours to a different dealership after mine refused to do it.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
so do you get to keep those springs? or give them back?
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure they'll want them back. Could hurt to ask.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanus View Post
at least the dealer is willing to do the TSB in the first place. I had to drive 2 hours to a different dealership after mine refused to do it.
That's sucks. I guess I was lucky. First place accepted my claim. Glad to hear you got it done tho.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Poffdaddy is on a distinguished road
Poffdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine done yesterday and I asked if I could keep the the originals. They stated all warranty parts had to be sent back to Toyota.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Bring it over & i'll swap out my 2 pack for your 3 and then they'll do the right swap out and be none the wiser
Old 12-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
the overload spring doesnt really count i have 2 curved leaves and a flat overload. there gonna put 3 curved and the overload back in.