1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad accident, need advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by novadesigns, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    I Liquid I

I Liquid I Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DCLB, 17 Inferno TRD Offroad DCSB, 06 SW ACLB
    Too many mods to list
    Doesn't your insurance company have lawyers?... I mean. If i get hit and the insurance company of the person who hits me does not pay what I think is fair, I can use my insurance lawyers to sue, although its likely that they will make a deal before court. I don't get charged a penny for that. Since she is at fault, she also has to cover every medical expense.

As for the pain and suffering... suck it up... thats just you trying to get money out f it... it was an accident even if she is a retarded monkey of a woman.

2. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    Not sure about CA, but here, you'd probably be at fault for the Matrix incident.

3. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    This is actually true... and very unfortunate. You can try to swing it as her fault though, since you were not moving at the time of impact. But yeah... generally your insurance if you have any will have to deal with the damage you caused, even if you didn't cause it yourself.

Try and swing it as her fault though.

Oh and BTW, this should not make your insurance go up, since it was not your fault. Thats if you end up being liable for the car in front of you.

4. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    they could call it his fault for not keeping a safe distance

5. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4

fixed

6. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    novadesigns

novadesigns [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DC LB 4x4 TRD Sport
    mini antenna... I'm getting to it! Sheesh!
    Insurance company lawyers are for one thing... getting money back for their company's loss. They don't represent the insured and won't go beyond recovering the company's losses. I seriously doubt they would even speak to me.

I am definitely not at fault according to CHP, they already told me that and when the report becomes available it will state that.

I Liquid I, I strongly disagree with you. This lady was grossly irresponsible, it was not an accident, it was a collision due to her inattention, excessive speed for the conditions and an utter lack of concern for those around her. She never even bothered to check on anyone else's well-being. Everyone else did. She just sat in her car until the CHP arrived and then spent all her time on her cell (which she was doing while driving BTW, I saw her). She was self-absorbed and unapologetic for something that she clearly and obviously caused.

7. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    novadesigns

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:

No. I was STOPPED in traffic half a car length behind. I am not at fault.

Can we please stop speculating on something that has already been answered.

8. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Depending on the company, and your coverage - they will go to bat for you....only to recover what's reasonable. They won't help you sue a lady for 5 mil.

9. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    You asked for advice, that's what you're getting.

My statement that you quoted said "COULD". I am an insurance agent and have seen it go both ways.

10. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    you have to give a recorded statement, that is your side of the story.
    your truck was not moving at the time of the accident -
    so not your fault you hit the matrix, its her's.
    as far as demanding they settle before you lawyer , no it does not rattle the insurance company what so ever. in fact everyone says that and it means nothing to the insurance company. want to know why?
    because they have the best lawyers that money can buy!

Just document eveything, damage, conversations, bills, work lose, etc
    most insurance companies will pay fairly to settle the claim.

11. Dec 17, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    novadesigns

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Actually, I asked for advice about a lawyer recommendation, but thanks. :)

12. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    captain.cardinal1

captain.cardinal1 instagram @e11lfd

Member:
    First Name:
    chad
    louisville, ky
    Vehicle:
    2016 trdorsb inferno FTMFW
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper, full Pelfreybilt skid set, Pelfreybilt sliders, hondo garage phone vent mount, icon stage 3 lift, scs rays 10, 285-70-17 ridge grappler, c4 fab mid height bed rack (currently getting powder)
    im sorry for your loss, but i have to say, i didn't see any post about the minimal amount of damage to your tacoma. that seems almost unbelievable. i hit a 12 pt buck at about 40 mph one week ago today, head on. deer flipped over my truck with what sounded like an explosion. i thought i was screwed, but upon inspection, not even a scratch. amazing.

good luck to you

13. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    Hmmm. When the hell did I say it was your fault? You wanted advise... well I gave you advise. I told you what the insurance company of the lady might say. Yes, it wasn't your fault, but some stupid law someone placed in some States and here in PR, states that you are responsible for the car in front of you in this type of collision. Want an example?

There was a 40, read that right, FORTY car accident here in PR a while ago. The fault was of the first driver who suddenly stopped for no reason at all. She was also texting while driving to top it off.

She was the only person in the whole crash that didn't pay a dime... the guy who hit her had to pay for her damage, then the guy behind the guy paid for the other and etc etc etc. You get the idea.

Do these laws that are in some places suck? Yes.

Now, instead of telling me you disagree with me, which is a moot point, take what im telling you and have it in mind, in case things don't go your way. That way, you can make a rational decision.

For example, if they try to put the blame on you for the car in front, you might end up calling your insurance. Thats where the insurance lawyers come in. They will defend you because they don't want to pay a dime... understand now?

14. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    novadesigns

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:

Yikes! I have to say, its a hell of a truck. It really took a major impact and even though totaled, its incredible how well it came out of this. Someone's going to get a lot of good parts out of that thing.

15. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear
    Trade hood and head lights + $ :confused:

I'm gonna be in LA sunday :D:D

16. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    not going to argue. i'm just simply stating facts from my past experience which have helped me through 2 accidents, in which not a dime came out of my pocket.
    both of my cars were replaced within 2 weeks, rental cars, cab fare, medical copays, lost wages, and even my phone bill for the minutes i used were paid for.
    NEVER GIVE A RECORDED STATEMENT TO THE OTHER PERSONS INSURANCE COMPANY.........it can be used against you in court(what if you leave something out?)

17. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    TRD14

TRD14 New Member

Member:
    EL PASO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD SPORT
    my uncle is a lawyer in rancho cuca but he works the LA and surrounding areas too. he does good work

18. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    novadesigns

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the helpful info guys.

19. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    Trever1t

Trever1t Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area CA.
    Vehicle:
    '06 Basic Tacoma

Speaking from DIRECT experience. I was hit by a guy doing 70 in his Honda, not a single skid mark. Hit the guy behind me. I hit the guy in front of me. All in all 5 cars were totaled in that accident. WE WERE ALL STOPPED and OUR feet were on the BRAKES. It's how insurance company's work. Not that I or the OP did anything wrong, but if you hit the car in front you have to be partially responsible. This is with AAA for clarification.

Maybe I could have fought it but after long negotiations I managed a fair settlement for myself.

20. Dec 17, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    X1

Products Discussed in

To Top