Notices

Daystar 2.5" leveing kit Question

Old 12-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
27taco1988 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Cpl
Name: Cody
27taco1988's Tacoma Gallery
Daystar 2.5" leveing kit Question

I have a 2010 Tacoma and i ordered a Daystar 2.5" leveling kit with the coil spacers up front and blocks in the rear. I have the Bilstien TRD struts and shocks. The guy at 4Wheel Parts said im gonna need longer shocks. Is that true?
Old 12-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Meh.. Shoulda came on here and asked a question before you bought that lift. You will have a rough ride, and no you don't need longer shocks, the point of the leveling kit is to lower the strut to make a lift, but it's bad for the suspension geometry causing it to have a rough ride. You will regret buying this lift. You should of got the Bilstein 5100s and adjust them to a 2.5 setting and have the same height lift for a few extra bucks and got it done the right and safe way in first place.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
People at 4 Wheels Parts don't know anything.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
screw it ...just ordered a set of 5100's after doing my research and seeing the carnage that comes from coil spacers. haha i guess ill have to learn from my mistakes
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
WABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to behold
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
I love forum's
Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
People at 4 Wheels Parts don't know anything.

True.

Longer shocks are not needed. I got my money back after they figured out it was not necessary to install them. They even tried to charge my for the shocks even though they didnt install them - good thing I looked at my reciept.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
True.

Longer shocks are not needed. I got my money back after they figured out it was not necessary to install them. They even tried to charge my for the shocks even though they didnt install them - good thing I looked at my reciept.

so you have the daystar leveling kit still installed? have you have any problems whatsoever with it?

and thanks everyone for your input. i really appreciate it
Old 12-18-2010, 03:52 AM   #8
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Meh.. Shoulda came on here and asked a question before you bought that lift. You will have a rough ride, and no you don't need longer shocks, the point of the leveling kit is to lower the strut to make a lift, but it's bad for the suspension geometry causing it to have a rough ride. You will regret buying this lift. You should of got the Bilstein 5100s and adjust them to a 2.5 setting and have the same height lift for a few extra bucks and got it done the right and safe way in first place.
2x