1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FACTORY TOOLBOX

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bigcat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    Bogg

Bogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Surrey, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4
    I have a Weatherguard low profile over the rail dry box and love it! After a muddy day of riding, put all the muddy gear into the box and inside of truck stays clean. It holds all my tools during the work week (tool bin (70lbs), tool tote (45ish lbs), work boots, rain gear and other misc stuff no problem. Got called to unhook a temp service on an Atco trailer. Guy didn't have a ladder for me to reach. Pulled truck into place, stood on top of box and unhooked wires. It held me and 50lbs of tools no problem. Weatherguard also has an awesome warranty in the event someone is able to get into the box! I just wish I had bought the black powder coated box instead. Oh well, time to paint box black on day :D

IMG_1580.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg

2. Oct 18, 2011 at 4:33 AM
    the coach

the coach Member

Member:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Oakland Raider Silver PreRunner SR5
    Factory Tacoma toolbox-Oakland Raider logo-black WeatherTech liners F&R-smoked plate covers
    Yep they're pretty much bullet proof.

3. Nov 6, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    wordtothis

wordtothis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    david
    atlanta
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC SB, V6 4X4, 6spd
    Husky floor liners, in-channel vent visors, billies, khaki softopper, Wet Okoles, OTHER STUFF - kinda STOCKISH!
    What do you mean here? I am inheriting a UWS box for my taco and I just don't see how it should be mounted to the bed. Do you have any pics of what you're talking about that would show how it's mounted to the actual bed? I assume that we can't use the traditional j-hook method with our setups.

thanks in advance,
    david

4. Nov 6, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    I will not knock the expensive boxes BUT I'll be dam'd you are going to tell me betterbuilts can't take abuse....;)..plus AUTOZONE stands behind them for warranty and included the hold-down clamps for free :D..

Mine is going on 2 years old,carries EVERYTHING for my "Mack Office" and my off-road gear...never leaked,gets constantly stepped on during the week,slammed shut 2-3 times a day ,6 days a week and my grandkids use it as a trampoline on the weekends....:)

The Boss buys nothing BUT Weatherguards for the company trucks and I have seen those break( they are ABUSED) BUT for the $$$ saved my box got filled with essentials...:cool:....

Old Man back quiet

5. Nov 6, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Weather Guard or UWS is the only way to go with toolboxes imo. We have a weather guard on the dodge ram that we use on the farm and I love it. I love the one touch opening that my UWS doesn't have. The UWS would be so much better with the one touch other than that it's a great strong box.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3LV_9Oz8k4

6. Nov 6, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    wolfpack_5150,

still laughing....Thank you

have a good night.....:D:D

Products Discussed in