Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why is a Readylift 2.25" spacer lift crap?

Old 12-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
If you are happy with it then it doesn't matter.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Becasue you just limited shock up travel and not the suspension. YOur shock will bottom out under full compression and parts break.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
The juice was worth the squeeze!
Blktaco16 will become famous soon enoughBlktaco16 will become famous soon enough

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Heath
Blktaco16's Tacoma Gallery
I had the readylift spacer and rear block kit on my 07 4x4 and hated it, Then I upgraded to the toytec ULK
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #6
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Rough ride with spacers would be a beat down for most. Might as well try to upgrade now if you can before you wear the suspension parts down even further.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:23 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Because the suspension now has to articulate further to hit the bumpstops when you bottom out, however you did not lengthen the shock travel...so now the shock will bottom out before the LCA hits the bump stop.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
SinghSingh is on a distinguished road

SinghSingh's Tacoma Gallery
Hope I can resuscitate the thread.

I just received a quote for rims\tires from a local SoCal shop for my 2011 Taco DC SB:

18x9 XD Addict all black
275/65r18 or 275/70r18 Nitto Terra Grappler
Installation and balancing
Readylift 2.25 spacer kit
Lug Nut kit
Tax
Total OTD: $1700

Now that I've read your comments I'm worried about using ReadyLift. I took the comments here and shared them with the shop and they had this to say:

There are cases on some vehicles where it could take the shocks to bottom out on full articulation…these customers elect not to change there shocks to a longer one.

But, you have struts and the extensions are mounted on top…so you don’t affect the OE strut.

Just my 2 cents…. Btw…almost all the leveling products are made the same….so any issues you would have with R/L will more than likely have with the others.

Does anyone know if what this guy is saying is accurate? Anyone running Readylift spacers on a 2011?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have this on my 05 4cyl 2wd, I do not do any off roading. This kit is fine and I have no problems, reguardless of the slightly reduced ride comfort this kit has been win for me. One day when I have the money i'd like to go all out with the suspension but its fine for now.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Becasue you just limited shock up travel and not the suspension. YOur shock will bottom out under full compression and parts break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Because the suspension now has to articulate further to hit the bumpstops when you bottom out, however you did not lengthen the shock travel...so now the shock will bottom out before the LCA hits the bump stop.

It is almost imposable for the shock to bottom out on a Coil over shock the coil will stop the shock from bottoming out. You are right kinda it's the coil that will fully compress before the LCA hits the bump stop not the shock. That's why spacer lifts are not good off road because when you articulate your coil will fully compress before you hit the bump stop causing stress on the shock and with hard hits the shock can snap.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghSingh View Post
Hope I can resuscitate the thread.

I just received a quote for rims\tires from a local SoCal shop for my 2011 Taco DC SB:

18x9 XD Addict all black
275/65r18 or 275/70r18 Nitto Terra Grappler
Installation and balancing
Readylift 2.25 spacer kit
Lug Nut kit
Tax
Total OTD: $1700

Now that I've read your comments I'm worried about using ReadyLift. I took the comments here and shared them with the shop and they had this to say:

There are cases on some vehicles where it could take the shocks to bottom out on full articulation…these customers elect not to change there shocks to a longer one.

But, you have struts and the extensions are mounted on top…so you don’t affect the OE strut.

Just my 2 cents…. Btw…almost all the leveling products are made the same….so any issues you would have with R/L will more than likely have with the others.

Does anyone know if what this guy is saying is accurate? Anyone running Readylift spacers on a 2011?
Here's a good read.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...acer-lift.html

And some good eye candy. This is what can happen with a spacer lift.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg has a few good points about not using spacers as well

http://www.camburg.com/toyota/00-06-...y-spacer-lift/
Old 07-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Lot's of people use a spacer. But if you do a lot of off roading it is better to go with the 5100 shocks. There is a Bilstein app that someone posted under suspensions and lifts and look for Bilstein 5100 numbers that explains the difference. Well worth reading to understand and why.