Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What the heck did I buy?

Old 12-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
What the heck did I buy?

I just got my truck about a month ago. I have been scouring the forum and getting all kinds of "bad" ideas. How do I know what options came with the truck factory, TSB's done, and what additional mods have been done? I need to know what I have so I know where to start my work.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Have the dealer run the vin...also, i think you can run the vin online somewhere. Results should indicate what's been done.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
You have an ARB bullbar bumper, vent visors, and ebay headlights. Suspension looks stock to me.

edit, I think I just told you what you already know lol. sorry
Old 12-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
The most popular TSB is the reaf leaf springs. Have a look at them. If there's only 3 leafs, then you don't have the TSB done, and if there's 4 leafs, you do have it done.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.....and good luck!!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you got a kickin Tacoma. Congrats!!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
james08taco will become famous soon enoughjames08taco will become famous soon enough

james08taco's Tacoma Gallery
you can log into the toyota owners website http://www.toyota.com/owners/. log in, put in your vin # and it will tell you all of the services that were done at the toyota dealerships. good luck and welcome!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a SR-5, with the chrome rear bumper. However, it dont have the alloy wheels so....unsure. have someone run the vin. I like it...Nice Truck.....
Old 12-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
You have an ARB bullbar bumper, vent visors, and ebay headlights. Suspension looks stock to me.

edit, I think I just told you what you already know lol. sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
Looks like you got a kickin Tacoma. Congrats!!
Thank you both, a little reassurance never hurt anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james08taco View Post
you can log into the toyota owners website http://www.toyota.com/owners/. log in, put in your vin # and it will tell you all of the services that were done at the toyota dealerships. good luck and welcome!
Ill check out this site and see what it tells me.

Thank you all for your support and help. Honestly I was expecting , you all rock
Old 12-20-2010, 05:24 AM   #10
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by james08taco View Post
WOW toyota has a safety recall for my truck. "Safety Recall 90L - Potential Floor Mat Interference with Accelerator Pedal Code: 90L". I could have died! Thankfully toyota has this calm, sincere, reassuring video that demonstrates how to stop my vehicle. Thank you Toyota..
http://www.toyota.com/recall/videos/...procedure.html

But seriously thank you all.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 AM   #11
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Thank you all for your support and help. Honestly I was expecting , you all rock
When questions arent completely retarded, TW is pretty helpful.

Hence why you got yer answers.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Looks like a SR-5, with the chrome rear bumper. However, it dont have the alloy wheels so....unsure. have someone run the vin. I like it...Nice Truck.....
My SR5 has the steelies...it's the way they come.

Although, for $400 bucks...I can not understand why any inventory manager wouldn't check the box and have the SR5 truck built with alloy's and upgraded tires???

But, it's all good...the steelies have a look all to themselves.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Sr5 and alot of aftermarket add ons (nice truck )
Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
post pics of the rear leafs and front suspension and we can help out more
Old 01-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #15
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Boone huh? I'm over that way alot in the fall and spring months.
Look me up when your in town!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #16
LRGRNR

Post Here's the pics

Here we go, finally got pictures.. It's covered in salt/brine/sand/cinder.. I know I have a hitch (is it stock or aftermarket and what class?), I know I have the ARB, and Cooper ATR's. What else can y'all tell me about it?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
chacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
chacotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Your hitch is aftermarket, so you do not have the "TO" towing package that includes:
Hitch,
7 pin wiring (may have been done aftermarket with the hitch)
Larger Alternator
Engine Oil cooler
Transmission oil cooler (autos).
(Your truck came with none of the above)

You also do not have an TRD package because your suspension looks bone stock, however I hope you have upgraded front springs. But with those poor 3 leaf-ers in the back, the truck might just sit level!!

I had an 2005, and there were like 5 different "SR5" packages back then, probably is the same for 2006. (Chrome Bumper and Grille). Another signal of SR5 package is foglamps which your new bumper does not appear to have. They could have been removed.

My guess is a low level SR5 package (chrome bumper and grille).

Make sure to wash the belly off good and check her out for cancer!! (aka rust).
Then get some Bilstein 5100's, and maybe new springs front and some Deavers/Alcans in the back!
Paint / Plastidip those wheels, when the tread is gone on those tires, Buy bigger wheels and tires, and throw snow tires on the old steelies!
Wait.... Thats my current plan for my new taco, pardon me.

Congrats on the new Tacoma!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #18
LRGRNR

Thank you for your help! I got to looking for the Trans cooler after some reading on what the Tow package included and got the hitch pretty much figured out. All springs are stock, as far as I know, and it does sag a little in the front but its not a bad ride (though I haven't riddin in better). There will be a cancer prevention wash later on this week after hopefully some snow play today.

I too concur with new suspension and painting the wheels, my front drivers is a little roughed up. How do you think they would look in Black if I left the center cap silver?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #19
chacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
chacotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Search for plasti dip/paint wheels/rims . those 4 searches should give you lots. I don't know if anyone has left the center caps. But that is what I'm going to try this summer.