Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fiberglass Bedsides Question

Old 12-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
Fiberglass Bedsides Question

I'm looking at Fiberglass fenders and bedsides for my truck, but the challenge is that I've got a shell that overhangs on the bed (like all shells). I really like the Glassworks quality, but their bedsides don't retain the stock bedrail so my shell won't fit.

Anyone suggest bedsides that will allow for a shell before flaring out? I really don't need/want an insane flare, just something that covers the wheels.

RZ Rob

Old 12-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure the bedsides would support the weight of the cap without some reinforcements
Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just lose the top!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
your fenders already cover the tires,i think the only reason to get fenders is if your LT
Old 12-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If he only goes with glass bedsides it's going to look gay. lol

I would agree with the3big. You need to go LT!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Just get the fronts with some spacers imo
Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
I may go LT, but I was definitely going to go with coilovers and UCAs. The back and front stick out. I'd think if the top of the bed had some framing, and the weight of the shell were dispersed, I could pull it off and it'd look good. Retaining the shell is critical.

RZ Rob
Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
Just get the fronts with some spacers imo
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
well front glass with the wheels that tucked in would look strange..
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
you have a sweet rig as it is.....
Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
GETTN IT

Quote:
well front glass with the wheels that tucked in would look strange..
spacers still wont fill it
Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
Ya..I think some all pro fenders would look better..trail gear makes a variety of spacer sizes
Old 12-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #13
GETTN IT

might come off as a dick but this is what i hate the most,fiberglass fenders are for clearance for wider track width suspension setups,under no circumstances will fiberglass fenders look rite without LT,not to mention you would look like a COMPLETE POSER,dont take this to heart guys its just an opinion,im sure ill get bad rep for this but w.e lol
Old 12-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
might come off as a dick but this is what i hate the most,fiberglass fenders are for clearance for wider track width suspension setups,under no circumstances will fiberglass fenders look rite without LT,not to mention you would look like a COMPLETE POSER,dont take this to heart guys its just an opinion,im sure ill get bad rep for this but w.e lol
+1 because i agree lol
Old 12-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
You asshole! Haha just kiddin..I sorta agree with ya..but I do plan on running front glass when I get my spindles
Old 12-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #16
GETTN IT

Quote:
You asshole! Haha just kiddin..I sorta agree with ya..but I do plan on running front glass when I get my spindles
theres just no hope lol
Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #17
There's quite a few people that run spindles and glass..and it looks fine...I plan to use my truck for offroading a lot..and I think I would rub bad without em
Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #18
GETTN IT

Quote:
There's quite a few people that run spindles and glass..and it looks fine...I plan to use my truck for offroading a lot..and I think I would rub bad without em
ya true ive seen spindles with 1.5in spacers and it looks O-K but its still a spacer
Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #19

RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
I know where you guys are coming from, but I respectfully disagree.

As I said, I intend to address the suspension, however to what degree is TBD. That said, I can't even pull in my driveway the way it sits today. So, as it is, even if I address the suspension, it won't take much to touchdown.

So, "poser" or not, front fenders are going on in almost immediately. If someone's got a better idea, I'm open, but I want to remove all possibility of a touchdown. The fenders on the front of the AllPro Tacoma look FANTASTIC and that's not "LT." 2" flare and 3" rise.

As for the back, I think the truck looks ridiculous with the wheels sticking out from the bedsides, I also think if I was addressing the front, and was able to address the bedsides at the same time, it would look - and perform - much better.

The pictures don't really illustrate the problem I guess.

RZ Rob
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #20
I think it will look sweet dude! Go for it..just make sure to color match them