Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Regear shop in So Cal.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Regear shop in So Cal.

I was wondering if anybody has a good Gear shop in the pasadena area /san bernardino Area. I am thinking i need to regear now. I was thinking of going for the 4.56 but now i am convinced the 4.88 might be better. CHime in if you think like wise and if you have good shop in mind.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I was wondering if anybody has a good Gear shop in the pasadena area /san bernardino Area. I am thinking i need to regear now. I was thinking of going for the 4.56 but now i am convinced the 4.88 might be better. CHime in if you think like wise and if you have good shop in mind.
Don't ask me why I know?

The first option (the only one that I would consider) that I would take is to call up Chase at EastCoastGearSupply.com for a very competitive price, free shipping and 5 YEAR WARANTY. You get a paint bucket with the third(s) then after you swap them out, you send back your cores. (builds in KOH rigs)

Alternatively go to Yotamasters and have them regear. You won't have a 5 year warranty but you will have a quality job... or so I hear!

Good luck and feel free to pm me if you need help.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no ca sales tax on this one...

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-131...ocker-3rd.html
http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-788...undra-3rd.html
http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-157...clamshell.html

Quote:
We offer a 5 year warranty with all our assembled diffs on parts and labor, warranty only covers bearings and gears, if a spider gear failure causes damage to other parts we are not responsible. Locker failure is only covered under manufacturers warranty but we will install new locker free of charge. Warranty on 7.5 Toyota diffs is limited to 35 inch tires with a stock toyota motor. Tire size over 35 inches will be warrantied at our discretion if it is a set up error we will take care of it regardless of tire size. But if your running 35's and up and beating it offroad we can only do so much. This is the best warranty in the industry
And tell Chase I said hey!

ca option
http://yotamasters.com/diff.html
Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
Ban Pending

Glad I could help. As I said, if you need some help, pm me and I'll give you my number.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #7
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Tri county gear in pomona. They are legit. Did all my buddies gears in their trucks and jeeps
Old 12-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #10
TacoBaja is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: John
TacoBaja's Tacoma Gallery
Tri-County

In Pomona - top notch
Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I see your sig was taken at azusa canyon. I got there all the time with my Samurai haha. I rolled it last mont there haah
Old 12-23-2010, 03:29 AM   #13
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
Since were on the subject of regear shops in socal, by chance anyone know a place in San Diego area. I'm gonna get the gears from ECGS.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:07 AM   #14
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
I see your sig was taken at azusa canyon. I got there all the time with my Samurai haha. I rolled it last mont there haah
Let me know when you go up their again ill roll up their to.