1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check out this Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Justin626, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Aug 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I know airbags can raise it up to drive, but what's the point? Anything like that in NY would corrode, rust, and rot within a couple years in the north unless it's a garage/trailer queen. The bags would have to filled damn near any time it's not parked here in NY which, again, would be pointless. Some place warm where they can pave year around and don't have salt and plow trucks tearing up the roads might make sense. SC was like that, but then there were also parking lot entrances and speed bumps that a stock-height car would scrape. Forget to hit up on the bags, take out a chuck of the body panel or something like that, and there goes your hard work and money.

Personally, I like functional mods and cars that can be driven every day. A lowered, custom painted truck with a useless bed is not either of those two. Hard to tell if the bed is ever covered or not, but I wouldn't want to leave it open to rain, snow, prying fingers, etc.

And the sub in the cab? You'll never crank it up to listen everyday without going deaf so unless it's just for sound competition with prize money, it's still a waste of money IMO.

2. Aug 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I've got 2 subs in the cab with a 1000 watt amp and it sounds pretty sweet. Main thing is to sound good over road noise with the windows down at highway speed.

But then, I've been pretty good about wasting money on my truck so my opinion on the matter is probably null and void. :eek:

3. Aug 18, 2008 at 7:45 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    No, you'll need it to hear it through your helmet and over the sound of your truck breaking in the desert. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top