1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New TRD Supercharger Calibration = FTW !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Razorecko, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dec 21, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    K, boys and girls. My 2009 trd supercharged taco has had horrid shifting issues, and nothing would take to it. The 90L ecu portion of the recall wouldnt take to my tacoma, and neither would the trans tsb. Well I dropped off my tacoma today for some other stuff like the steering tsb and my guy called up saying there is a new TRD supercharger calibration, I said lets give it a shot. Holy crap 100x better here is a breakdown of what i noticed so far..

Better upshifts AND downshifts
    Much more throttle responsive
    Idles lower
    doesnt hang in gear and will quickly upshift to max gear
    ^ this will def save me gas $$

Awesome awesome awesome, now i'm not sure if it incorporates the 90L brake override but since i never had that recall completed and trying to hit an override after this calibration I wasnt able to hit the "brake override". In this case it seems like its not incorporated in the new calibration. My service guy said that after updating the calibration it said that there were no new updates and he left it at that. Totally happy !

Here is the Cal info..

[​IMG]

My old cal was 3YGW0600

The new cal is 3YGW1700

2. Dec 21, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    sweet bruh, glad it all worked out.

3. Dec 21, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  4. Dec 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    Razorecko

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lol, tell me about it, I peeled out taking off from a light because i wasnt used to having the throttle so responsive before

5. Dec 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Is there a TSB number for this? I have a TRD supercharger in my 2009 Taco too and was wondering if I should get it checked out...

6. Dec 21, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    Razorecko

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ^ yep, ask them for the updated calibration. There is no tsb etc, its something they are supposed to do if the vehicle is under warranty as general maintenance. Problem is most of the time the dealerships wont look up to see if there are any updates unless there is a problem or its requested.

7. Dec 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    I went to the dealer and they have no record of this calibration. They asked me to get your VIN number so they can look up what service was performed on your Taco. :confused:

8. Dec 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    Razorecko

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ^ eh, not too fond of throwing out my Vin, They might have to update their scan tool, i'd say to have them contact toyota or you give toyota a call. If its still an issue than just give me your service guys contact info and i'll talk to my toyota guy to get in touch with him

9. Dec 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    F-125Racer

F-125Racer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09,DC,TRD Sport, 4WD, TRD S/C
    2009 TRD Sport with S/C here, Subscribed!

10. Dec 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    what is the 90L ecu calibration youre referring to in here?

11. Dec 25, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Is this applicable to only auto transmissions? I have the 2010 6sp with a S/C.

12. Dec 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    Razorecko

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ^ only auto transmissions that i'm aware of but its totally possible for the 6spds. You'd have to talk to the dealer about that. The 90L recall is the recall that everyone gets their gas pedal hacked and the brake override programming done, the earlier shifting tsb also is rolled up in the 90L. The 90L is basically an "all-in-one" type of update/recall

13. Dec 27, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    Just to clarify things a bit; This is not a tsb (OP don't know who told you that) but merely the correct ecu calibration file that should be downloaded to your ecu when you supercharge your truck. The files that correspond to your truck are found on the charger installation instructions starting on page 44, the only new thing that has been added as of 11/14/10 was the files for the 10'-11' year tacomas, all previous years have not.changed. To the OP; where you at the dealership getting the 90L recall done when they told you about this "latest" update? If so whoever did your original ecu file update for when you got the charger installed either didn't do it right or never installed the file. I ask if you were getting the recall done because that's the only way they would have found out that your ecu file was not up to date for the supercharger, the 90L recall requires certain ecu files to be current before it can be completed. Hope this clears things up a bit

14. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    cjimenRR

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    No, just a different ecu file. The one that corresponds to your truck is 3ywg1300 but you should already have that assuming you had the ecu reflashed when you installed the supercharger

15. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    cjimenRR

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    This is not a warranty related item, if you paid to have the ecu reflashed that in itself tells you its not under warranty. If you already had it reflashed when you installed the supercharger then there's no need to check it plus chances are the dealership is gonna wanna charge you to inspect if you have the "latest" ecu file

16. Dec 27, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    Razorecko

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Cj, do you know what you are talking about ?

1st off I never stated in my initial post that this was a TSB, I stated it as an updated calibration. I am on very good terms with my dealership and was not charged for anything. And this IS an updated calibration.

Here is your proof....

http://www.trdparts4u.com/ProdPDF/TRD_PTR29-35091_TACOMA.pdf

pg. 42 in the above pdf for the trd supercharger install clearly shows that the calibration for installation is 3YWG0600. This was THE older installation file. All new supercharger calibrations will have the current cal id which is 3YWG1700. BUT for all of us that have had the supercharger installed a while back ago with the old cal this is great info because the new cal has a better shifting/fuel algorithm. And this is one of those things the dealer will not look up for you because the old cal still works fine with the trd supercharge just not as efficiently.

17. Dec 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    Yota 4.0

Yota 4.0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB TRD Off Road
    Good info. Thanks for the heads up!

18. Dec 29, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Hey Razor...do you know what rev/version I should be looking for when I get my S/C installed next week. I have a 2008 4.0 w/auto trans. Thanks man...

19. Dec 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    wired_af

wired_af Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 DC TRD Sport S/C, Rivian R1T
    Interesting. I just had mine flashed yesterday and they put 3YWG020 on it, just like the instructions said.

EDIT: Brain fart, I actually got 3YWG2000 which isn't in the instructions

20. Dec 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Hey Wired...are you saying the instructions that came with your S/C? The PDF file Razor referenced shows that we should be using 3YWG0300 which I would assume is newer than 3YWG020. I am about to get this done and really want to get it right the first time...

Products Discussed in

To Top