Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 - 2011 Locking diff question

Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
2010 - 2011 Locking diff question

Can a locking diff be ordered on a TRD SPORT DC?
I know you can get it on the TRD off road, but it looks like it is NOT available on a TRD Sport? Anyone know for sure?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
nope and yup
Old 12-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
OR only....get a arb locka
Old 12-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
You can lock up aftermarket with ARBs relatively cheap....a few grand...
Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You can lock up aftermarket with ARBs relatively cheap....a few grand...
Or you could buy an O.R. and spend 1/13th of an ARB on a hood-scoop.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Or you could buy an O.R. and spend 1/13th of an ARB on a hood-scoop.
OR and ARB the front.

Leave the hood scoop for the ricers.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OR and ARB the front.

X2
Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #10
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OR and ARB the front.

Don't need to spend a dime after the Tacoma. if he gets the Off Road... because the stock A-TRAC will take the place of front (and rear) lockers.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Don't need to spend a dime after the Tacoma. if he gets the Off Road... becaue the stock A-TRAC with take the place of front (and rear) lockers.

Honestly if I wanted to make my truck a more serious offroad rig I'd install a front locker and never use the ATRAC. But then again I'd rather be in a Jeep for serious wheeling.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #12
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
2x. On front locked
Old 12-23-2010, 04:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Don't need to spend a dime after the Tacoma. if he gets the Off Road... becaue the stock A-TRAC with take the place of front (and rear) lockers.
David, I have an 09 Offroad. I've have and have used A-TRAC. I still plan to lock the front. You're right, the OP may not need more. For some people, a locked front can be a useful additional tool.

I don't think we need to get any more in depth into it than that, considering past discussions on the topic. If you *really* want to go on about it, you can PM me.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Honestly if I wanted to make my truck a more serious offroad rig I'd install a front locker and never use the ATRAC. But then again I'd rather be in a Jeep for serious wheeling.
It is really too bad that you haven't off roaded more with your Tacoma. Most here cannot afford both a Jeep and a Tacoma 4X4, so you are fortunate. I do think it is a disservive for you to make it sound like A-TRAC isn't any good and that to off road seriously one needs to pay to add a front locker.

The A-TRAC does enable the Tacoma to climb and cross the same terrain as a front locker Tacoma... Sure, it works different, makes noise, etc., big deal... it is included when you buy the truck.

One thing for sure, the A-TRAC doesn't need to be shut off every time you need to turn your steering wheel to round a sharp turn on the trail... lockers (specially front lockers) do. I wheeled with front locker rigs (HB Murphy included) and I went everywhere they did without any traction problems what-so-ever. Art in the 4WD front and rear locker van even commented that the A-TRAC was better.

If you have both, like HB Murphy... then you would likely favor the system you paid lots extra to install over the factory system... On straight roads, I would agree it is a BETTER traction system giving it is locked 100% of the time instead of periodically checking wheel rotation (ie. being an automatically activated locker. like A-TRAC is).
Old 12-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OR and ARB the front.

spoken like someone that wishes they had a hood scoop .
Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperstd View Post
spoken like someone that wishes they had a hood scoop .
If I wanted a scooped hood, I'd order and install one just like I did with the color matched grille.

They're not hard to get.