1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are new UCA's necessary

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Steezyskis, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Dec 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    Steezyskis

Steezyskis [OP] I ski I work I'm rad

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Lake Tahoe (west shore)
    Vehicle:
    Black 05 DC 4x4 sport SB
    Tuff country front bumper, Walker Evans 2.5 coilovers, Allpro 3" rear leafs with 5100s and an Allpro U-bolt flip kit, K&N CAI, 16x8 Raceline raptor wheels wrapped with 285 Toyo ATs, Sockmonkey bed decals, Softtopper camper shell, half debadged with black painted tacoma emblems, B.A.M.F rock sliders, GT covers, BHLM, PIAA lights and more to come.
    So I plan on putting on my new lift kit. Some walker evens 2.5 coilovers and some new rear leaf packs. But I was lookin at the total chaos uca's and wondering if replacing the uca's will help or if it is necessary to correct any problems. And if so what do they help with. I'm only lifting it the most I can without dropping the diff. I'd like to put them on just curious what the advantages are.

2. Dec 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've gotten away with almost 2.5 inches and no diff drop....and the UCAs can help with the alignment.

3. Dec 23, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    You don't need the UCAs. I ran just coilovers for 1 1/2 yrs with no issues. Walker Evans coilovers aren't a good choice either. Icon, King,or Fox would be a better choice.

Products Discussed in

To Top