Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Step Bar recommendations needed.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
T0y0ta05 is on a distinguished road

T0y0ta05's Tacoma Gallery
Step Bar recommendations needed.

Can anyone recommend a good website for grabbing a set of step bars for our Tacoma and/or even a Tundra? The last time I grabbed a set was for a Chevy ZR2 S-10 which were Westin and made of polished aluminum. What should I look out for or what's a good step bar comprised of these days? Do they still just bolt up to the body holes?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If you strictly want step bars and not sliders , N-fab is the way to go . If you want the polished aluminum look you were referring to , they sell them in stainless .

Ask me how I know .

Old 12-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
JLamb11 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got these. I like em better then the ugly dropped steps like others but thats me. Ya bolt on

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Side-Step...=S/BTN1160-S4B

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Side-Step...=S/BTN1160-S4S

Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLamb11 View Post
Ive got these. I like em better then the ugly dropped steps like others but thats me. Ya bolt on

Tell us how you really feel . LOL
Old 12-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What about sliders?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #6

Good info...I saw a few with the N-fab style and I like them as they tuck up nicely to avoid hang ups while providing a single step at each door. That being said, is there just a single step for the front doors only that bolts up? Thanks again!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #7

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Tell us how you really feel . LOL
Say it loud!

lol
Old 12-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #8
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Autoanything has a bunch, and free shipping
Old 12-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #9

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0y0ta05 View Post
Good info...I saw a few with the N-fab style and I like them as they tuck up nicely to avoid hang ups while providing a single step at each door. That being said, is there just a single step for the front doors only that bolts up? Thanks again!
That may look a little funny, what about your guests?? Its your truck and might look cool, hell I have a big ass pirate flag I put at the back of mine out of the tow hitch, and man do I get a lotta heat. So I guess technically it may be possible with ones like mine. Like if your were to get them for a single cab tacoma or something, but I believe they only come in access and crew. But these?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Side-Step...3184&t_pl=8861

Idea is buying one labeled/for the length of a single cab. IMO I wouldn't but your not asking for opinions One last thing, if you change your mind, coolest, most funtional, my favorite, etc:

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-134...k-sliders.html

or something similar. Low profile, look great, very functional. Well good luck to you on your decision
Old 12-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #10

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
Autoanything has a bunch, and free shipping

Great advice. Plus, when I clicked it, a little option for a live chat for help selecting a set of bars popped up. Check it ooouutt
Old 12-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #11

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I almost forgot. You can get one of those with the steps hanging dwn and maybe just chop it and recap it. I believe most just have a slide in plastic cap at either end from being cut at the factory
Old 12-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my N-fabs
Old 12-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #13
Steig is on a distinguished road
Steig's Tacoma Gallery

Go Rhino step bars. Easy install.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #16
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
I like the black powder-coated N-Fabs (mine were built by Smittybuilt but sport the N-Fab logo)....Got em through AutoAnything for about 280 shipped...
My thoughts exactly. I ordered Smittybuilts thru Autoanything for $280 shipped to my door, and they are actually N-Fabs. A pleasant surprise
Old 12-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #17
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
My thoughts exactly. I ordered Smittybuilts thru Autoanything for $280 shipped to my door, and they are actually N-Fabs. A pleasant surprise
Yeah, Smittybuilt built them under license from N-Fab (I found out during my calls to several places to try and find someone who had them in stock)...I didn't anticipate they'd be So N-Fab that they'd sport the N-Fab logo vice Smittybuilt...I put them on in the dark...it wasn't until my son, DSully72 saw the logo on the steps that I knew...I was happy!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Great advice. Plus, when I clicked it, a little option for a live chat for help selecting a set of bars popped up. Check it ooouutt
Awesome!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #19

Quote:
That may look a little funny, what about your guests?? Its your truck and might look cool, hell I have a big ass pirate flag I put at the back of mine out of the tow hitch, and man do I get a lotta heat. So I guess technically it may be possible with ones like mine. Like if your were to get them for a single cab tacoma or something, but I believe they only come in access and crew. But these?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Side-Step...3184&t_pl=8861

Idea is buying one labeled/for the length of a single cab. IMO I wouldn't but your not asking for opinions One last thing, if you change your mind, coolest, most funtional, my favorite, etc:

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-134...k-sliders.html

or something similar. Low profile, look great, very functional. Well good luck to you on your decision

Understood, I just remember a while back they made a simple single step that others would mount just for the front doors and now don't see such an animal.

Products Discussed in this Thread