LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen towing vibration

Old 12-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen towing vibration

I was towing a 16 ft trailer with our polaris ranger sitting perfectly centered (dual axle) and noticed annoying vibes throughout the steering and the entire truck between 50 and 70. It worries me cause the truck is new w/ tow package no tsb. My brothers F150 has no problems nor my dads chevy. Anyone know what this might be? Its not very heavy either, well under 3,000 combined weight.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 12-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #3

bump
Old 12-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Since your truck is new I would start with the basics: Mud stuck inside your wheels?tire balancing? alignment? U-joints? driveline balanced? ... in that order.

That is not normal. How many miles are on the odometer? Any noises associated? any feedback from the brakes?, when coasting?, or only under acceleration?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
could it be the trailer, my boat trailer made it feel like a death woble but my bosses equipment trailer rode smooth as a caddy
Old 12-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Since your truck is new I would start with the basics: Mud stuck inside your wheels?tire balancing? alignment? U-joints? driveline balanced? ... in that order.

That is not normal. How many miles are on the odometer? Any noises associated? any feedback from the brakes?, when coasting?, or only under acceleration?
16,000; no; brakes are fine; both coasting and accel. Prob mud need to remove tire and check
Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
IsmellBacon is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Matt
IsmellBacon's Tacoma Gallery
I think it comes down to how you loaded the trailer. there was not enough tongue weight to the trailer tried to wonder on you.