1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front differential

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Country, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Dec 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    Country

Country [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    anybody having problems with there front diff seals leaking on a 2010 4x4 Tacoma, cuz mine is leaking pretty bad and I have already had the dealership fix it once about 3 months ago and its leaking again, anybody having this same problem. Thanks

2. Dec 23, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    ^^^^^^

3. Dec 23, 2010 at 11:01 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Nope... Toyotas are not supposed to leak... make them keep it overnight to watch for it.

My new 2010 dripped a few drops of tranny fluid... fixed after the second trip with an overnight stay... gave me a loaner car while they had it.

4. Dec 24, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    Country

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    I had them fix the front diff back in may cuz it was leaking and now its leaking again, so I am afraid they never fixed it to begin with. I think I will just replace the seal myself and have the peace of mind knowing it was done right the first time, plus i dont think the stealership will warranty my truck cuz it has a lift thats what they told me last time

5. Dec 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    4X42HEL

4X42HEL Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB TRD-OR 4x4
    Well that's just a crock of shit. I plan on lifting my 2010 DC 4x4, and from everything I have read, there NO change to the diff at all outside of relocating it on the cross member which should have no effect at all on leakage.

Tell them they need to warranty it or you will write a letter or something. Try a different neary-by dealer. Tell them the lift has nothing to do with the sealing of the diff. They should very much warranty that.

What the hell

6. Feb 13, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    i have had the same problem.....
    my front diff seals have been replaced 3 times in the last 6 months......
    spoke to dealer about it and there seams to be a problem with them as per the s.m.
    they were contemplating swapping my diff out....
    if it happenes again. they said that would be an option......
    lift has nothing to do with it.....
    if they do not cover it call the cop. off.
    thats bullshit
    my dealer has never said 1 thing about the lift causing the problem....
    g/l

7. Feb 13, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    take it back to them!

you do it yourself and any warranty you do have may be suspect. screw them..let them fix it.

mine leaked and i had it fixed..drivers side. it is dry now, but their work is warrantied for a year...so believe me. i keep an eye on it.

8. Feb 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    Country

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    Well Gents, I finally got my piece of shit dealer to warranty my truck, they gave me a brand new front diff, and i couldnt be happier

9. Feb 13, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    :thumbsup:

10. Feb 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ