Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hella Supertones Horns

Old 12-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
rlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rlotti's Tacoma Gallery
Hella Supertones Horns

Wired up some supertones over the summer. 6 months later they died. I have not tired to put in a 20amp fuse or wire up my stock horns to see if they work. Does anyone else have aftermarket horns can shed some light on this subject?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Did you use the relay provided in the kit?

You can see my Supertones install in the link in my sig.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
smithrw is on a distinguished road
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running a total of 7 horns. 5 aftermarket and two oem's. Just be sure to wire in a relay and you should be ok,
Old 12-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
rlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rlotti's Tacoma Gallery
I checked out your write up KPT I wired it the same way. I also heard of these from some subi guys who have had trouble with fuses and water. I got a new fuse so hopefully it will work.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #5
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas Computer View Post
What are these horns for anyways?
Probably to scare people and get a good laugh.(funny but illegal) Damn youngin's today..
Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 AM   #6
smithrw is on a distinguished road
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
This young'in happens to be 65. I did it for a couple of reasons. So I can get some assholes attention who doesn't know how to drive and also just for the fun of it. Don't use them very often but when I do there is no mistake about who's honking.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
Probably to scare people and get a good laugh.(funny but illegal) Damn youngin's today..
These are completely legal. They are just louder horns. They aren't an air horn or even close to that loud.

I used to have a subaru and they are very popular in that community because the stock subaru horns are not very loud.