Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

6 Speed MT - Does your shift knob look like this??

Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
6 Speed MT - Does your shift knob look like this??

Very disappointed in the "leather" that they use for the shift knob and boot. 40K miles and this is the wear.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Working on my dirt tan
TacoMTB will become famous soon enoughTacoMTB will become famous soon enough
TacoMTB's Tacoma Gallery
Sun Damage?

That's pretty bad. Mine looks ok but I'm getting some of that on the steering wheel (facing the window). Just tinted the fronts and use a sun shade so I'm hoping it doesn't get worse.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
tonyplanet will become famous soon enoughtonyplanet will become famous soon enough

tonyplanet's Tacoma Gallery
I have 38k miles and mine looks nowhere near that. And I have only used leather care products on it only a handful of times
Old 12-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery

I put on one of these when my truck was barely one year old. I can't believe how bad yours looks after 40k miles!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
i miss my 04
rendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rendog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yup mine does look like that....I've got one of these on the way:

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/ The M1 Abrams in Flat Black. So nice-Got one for my scion tC...Went back to the website the day it got here to order on for the truck.
does the weighted knob really make a difference in shifting? $115 is kinda steep for a knob
Old 12-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendog View Post
does the weighted knob really make a difference in shifting? $115 is kinda steep for a knob
yea, $115, damn!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Nearly 80K miles on mine and the knob only shows a little wear on the bottom lip?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
OP, do you oil your Knob?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFCON View Post

rubber knobs FTW!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i have just over 52k and it doesn't look anything like that, the boot has a little wear on it but not as bad at that.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #14
2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future
Name: Daniel
2gtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was worse stitching, ripped and i had to sew it up 3 times only lasted a few months so i bought the trd knob
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
my pouch looks like that too! WEAK! Well, glad to know it's not just my truck. As for the shiftknob, I upgraded mine

Old 12-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #16
Human after all
2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice

2blu4u's Tacoma Gallery
I have 42k on mine. Nothing like that but the boot area around the knob is showing some wear. Do you wear a ring on your right hand?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #17
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFCON View Post

<<<<<<< Oils knob daily, ha
Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #18
TacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to behold
Name: Joshua
TacoOwner?'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I have had mine for 61k mines and it look new you must have rough hands :$
I have around 36k and mine looks brand new. Rough hands or dirty hands probably? That was first guess when I saw your pic, get a nice smooth non leather knob.