Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Removing the AVS logo from Bugflector II.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Spacedude is on a distinguished road

Spacedude's Tacoma Gallery
Removing the AVS logo from Bugflector II.

I really like my new AVS Bugflector II, but it has a distracting white logo that looks like bird splatter. Here's a way I found to remove it. There are probably many ways; this method worked extremely well for me. Also, I take no responsibility for any damage that may occur. The logo is painted on with white paint. Use a very small amount of lacquer thinner on an old t-shirt and gently rub the paint away. Keep applying the thinner on a new section of the t-shirt and gently wipe until all the white paint is removed. This will leave the plastic dull. Apply some automotive clearcoat polish to the dull area, gently rubbing in a back and forth motion. Let it dry to a haze, and buff off the polish. Do this twice. The plastic will be restored and be shiny again. I can't tell the difference now that there was ever a logo there. It looks so much better.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
nice tip. got a pic of the after shot?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
Spacedude is on a distinguished road

Spacedude's Tacoma Gallery
Here is an "after" pic. Just like new, and no white logo.
Removing the AVS logo from Bugflector II.-img_2182.jpg
Old 08-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

In my opinion bug deflectors are old school 80's and for old men who fish. Please keep the Toyota looking tough, ace the bug deflector!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
In my opinion bug deflectors are old school 80's and for old men who fish. Please keep the Toyota looking tough, ace the bug deflector!
to each his own man!!! i have no problem with bug deflectors.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
RSH904 is a jewel in the roughRSH904 is a jewel in the roughRSH904 is a jewel in the roughRSH904 is a jewel in the rough

RSH904's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I will be doing this tomorrow. I put on an AVS shield today and was immediately bothered by the emblem. I didnt think there would be a solution here so I google searched it and it brought me right back to this site. That painted emblem irritates me. Its not enough that I buy your product. Why the hell do I have to advertise for you too??
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
While I agree I hate the bug defelctors, I did try one on my first '08 taco for a few months. The AVS logo annoyed me too... I just used my finger nails to scrape it off though lol...
Old 06-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well done! You cant tell it was ever there!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
You'll be Old Too, Someday
And Sooner Than You Think
And You'll Have a Bunch of Stuff.........
That NOBODY Likes

TIME: Our Most Precious Commodity
Old 06-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
RSH904 is a jewel in the roughRSH904 is a jewel in the roughRSH904 is a jewel in the roughRSH904 is a jewel in the rough

RSH904's Tacoma Gallery
I did this today. Worked awesome. Thinner took the emblem right off and the wax shined it back up.....