Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tailgate Padlock

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #21
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it's ok both should do the trick I just didn't want to leave a cheap hose clamp or swap out for a pop and lock witch have had their problems
Old 12-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Just picked one up one on ebay for $19.99 shipped.
x2!!! Just purchased it moments ago.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 12-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #23
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how this would hold up to a couple of seasons worth of road salt?
Anybody in the NE had one long term?
Thanks to the OP f& others for pics on the locks. Had never seen this before.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #24
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
they company is in orchard park new york

actually right next to the buffalo bills stadium

so im sure winter salt is nothing new

in fact thats why they advertise using stainless steel

so it wont rust
Old 12-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Skistoy do u sell them u sure sound like u do
Old 12-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #26
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I wonder how this would hold up to a couple of seasons worth of road salt?
Anybody in the NE had one long term?
Thanks to the OP f& others for pics on the locks. Had never seen this before.

Your like me, I never knew these existed, great find OP! Sorry you had to pay the price though, demand a refund.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #27
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna either get the one made by Bully or McGard but I'm waiting to get reviews on the McGard...
Old 01-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #29
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Think there is someone on the forum selling one. Mentions it's not compatible with 2nd gen:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...gate-lock.html
Old 01-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #30
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycart1201 View Post
x2!!! Just purchased it moments ago.

Nathan
ycart1201
UPDATE:
Mine came a few days ago. (bought the same one the OP has pictured). Super fast shipping from the ebay seller. It works great and you cant beat the price. I'll add photos to my build thread soon.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #31
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
shoebag22's Tacoma Gallery
I just received and installed my bully lock and it does not work as demonstrated in this video... the lock is too loose and allows for it to be shifted. This provides enough room to slide the tailgate out.

skip to 30 second mark to see removal
http://youtu.be/Dtb2ggDb-yQ
Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #32
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mine works just fine.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #33
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Mine works just fine.
so yours is snug? If it isn't snug, it isn't going to stop anyone from sliding it slightly to the side.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebag22 View Post
so yours is snug? If it isn't snug, it isn't going to stop anyone from sliding it slightly to the side.
Yeah it is snug on there. Also I have a Pop n Lock tailgate lock.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #36
I understand that there are other options, but I want to know if anyone has successfully used the bully lock on a 2011 tacoma. There is no way that it will work on my truck, so I am not sure if I got a bad one or what.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #37
Banned
I will post some pictures when I get a chance this weekend.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #38
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I saw this and tried to remove the tailgate on my 2011 that has the Bully Tailgate Padlock installed. Although the padlock is able to shift sideways about 1/8", it was more than sufficient to prevent me from removing the tailgate. I've actually liked this little device, sorry to hear it may be having problems for you...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #39
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebag22 View Post
I understand that there are other options, but I want to know if anyone has successfully used the bully lock on a 2011 tacoma. There is no way that it will work on my truck, so I am not sure if I got a bad one or what.
Yep, works fine here. There is no way the tailgate is coming off with this on.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #40
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
sub'd

Products Discussed in this Thread