Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hitch cover

Old 12-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
Pat C is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
Pat C's Tacoma Gallery
Hitch cover

I noticed in some of the pics of new Tacomas that there is a black plastic cover on the opening for the hitch. Was I supposed to have this when time of purchase, or is this something I have to buy? I just purchased a 2011, 3 months ago.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Ya that should of come with a cover. Its black with the Toyota emblem on it. You should call the dealer and tell them you didn't get one.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
TacoTacoTaco
Cossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't serve a huge purpose, but if you want one go back to your dealer. You can also get them with your favorite sport teams or whatever else you can imagine. If you want a functional one go to the vendors section, and order one from Elite Off Road. They are BAD MOFOS!!! And are useful too.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
TacoTacoTaco
Cossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Or screw the stupid plastic thing...
http://www.hitchsafe.com/
I haven't seen those, they are pretty slick!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Pat C is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
Pat C's Tacoma Gallery
I just got off the phone with dealer, he said they don't come with the new trucks anymore.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
FTW.....http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/eli...tch-guard.html
Old 12-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
rawdogie is on a distinguished road
rawdogie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C View Post
I just got off the phone with dealer, he said they don't come with the new trucks anymore.
I was told the same thing when i bought my 2011 last month. The dealer stuck a god awful rolling advertisement for there dealership on the hitch. I asked if i could have the stock one. They said that they dont come from the factory with one anymore.

I also asked that they remove the dealer badge from the tailgate which they said they would do. Do you think that happened. NO. I was too excited to get the truck though so i took it as is. I figured i would do a better job removing it than some kid that details the cars at the dealership
Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post

This will not only look good but will surely make someone who likes to put the nose of their car too close pay attention. A picture of mine painted and mounted is in the thread above.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Or screw the stupid plastic thing...
http://www.hitchsafe.com/
LOL...store your credit cards/cash/or drivers license?!?! WTF!! "Hold on officer, let me get my drivers license from out of my hitch."
Old 12-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Man that is a great looking device. If I didn't already have My pentle hook I would go with something like that. I do some towing with my truck and i wanted to have the bigest heaviest hitch I could get my hands on just in case I got rear ended. And it happend I got rear ended by a smart car and it never made it up to my bumper. Not a scratch!!. destroyed the front end of that car.