LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extended warrenty coverage....

Old 12-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Extended warrenty coverage....

I was wondering if my extended drivetrain warrenty covers my front diff.?
I have a vibe from the needle bearing being bad. and need it fixed, bc the vibe and noise is annoying! lol..
Thanks!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Having done what you've done with the lift and diff drop, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, worst they can say is no.

Under normal circumstances, the diff is covered under powertrain warranty, yes.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I will go by there tomarrow and see what they say. thanks!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Siren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant future

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Angela
Siren's Tacoma Gallery
My dealership told me, and I'm quoting this: "The 100k warranty is so good that if you decide to pull an OJ and can't get the blood out, bring it to us. If we can't get the blood out, we'll replace it." Thus, I have determined that the warranty will cover everything except for a zombie apocalypse.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #7

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I hope your right and my local dealer is nice and will fix my bad bearing.
Thanks!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #8

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Do you think I should put the diff drop back in, so they cant say that thats why the vibe has happened?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
My dealership told me, and I'm quoting this: "The 100k warranty is so good that if you decide to pull an OJ and can't get the blood out, bring it to us. If we can't get the blood out, we'll replace it." Thus, I have determined that the warranty will cover everything except for a zombie apocalypse.

That's what the guy selling the warranty says. Try asking the service writer about what the extended warranty covers and what will void it.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #10
Siren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant future

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Angela
Siren's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
That's what the guy selling the warranty says. Try asking the service writer about what the extended warranty covers and what will void it.
Too true. Somehow, my Scion managed to get warranty work done after all the mods I did to it. My old Jeep had no such thing as a warranty. Ever.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:34 AM   #11
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
My warranty book states If any modifications done to the Vehicle other than those by Toyota, the warranty will not be honored.

To the OP......if you can change your setup back to stock with little butt pain, it would be well worth your time before heading to the dealer.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #12

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I may put it back to stock. but then the noise will go away. so I will try my luck, and see what happens.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
LOL nothing to OP but it's funny some people can get stuff fixed when they mod but some people cant get s*** fixed when they dont mod

LOL

Good luck OP