Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OBA question: Where did you mount the quick disconnect?

Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #21
TacoBaja is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: John
TacoBaja's Tacoma Gallery
Compressor location

[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/125999/cat/500][img

Kilo - have you operated any power tools from the 2 1/2 gallon tank?

You have a pressure regulator, pop-off valve, and what other plumbing?

John
Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBaja View Post
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/125999/cat/500][img

Kilo - have you operated any power tools from the 2 1/2 gallon tank?

You have a pressure regulator, pop-off valve, and what other plumbing?

John
I have never tried to run any tools with it. I have it just for tires. I have all the above but it's not a pressure regulator but a pressure switch and maybe a connector or 2. The switch was the hardest part to find for me. I figured I could get it anywhere and had no luck? I used ebay at this site, http://stores.ebay.com/Safe-Vehicle-World. He has good prices and tanks as well.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #23
gordynor is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
gordynor's Tacoma Gallery
So I finished the install today. As I mentioned, the Viair 400H is in the open space near the windshield on the passenger side.

The leader runs into a manifold ($2 from Harbor Freight!) where I've installed a 115psi safety valve (since I don't have a regulator or a tank and am likely to forget and run it without an attachment...). I used the unused part of my CB antenna bracket to hold the manifold in place. I think I'll make a better bracket later.

From there it branches into the two orange lines - one to the front under the bumper and above the skid...

...and the other to the rear, mounted to the frame above the hitch.

This way they're all out of the way and won't get ripped off if I catch the truck on something. I added a rubber chair leg cap to each QD to keep dust/mud out of them, too. So now I can air up without scratching the truck with the coil hose and I have easy access for helping fellow drivers.

Thanks for your pictures and ideas!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #24
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics and the writeup Daniel. Nice work with the install. I especially like the rubber-dust-cap idea on the QDs. I am certainly going to need something like that to keep the road salt and corrosion out of the connectors.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #25
gordynor is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
gordynor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_i02 View Post
Thanks for the pics and the writeup Daniel. Nice work with the install. I especially like the rubber-dust-cap idea on the QDs. I am certainly going to need something like that to keep the road salt and corrosion out of the connectors.
Thanks. I think I'll make some brackets to permanently mount the QDs instead of just relying on zip-ties (I love those things!), but for now it isn't going anywhere!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #26
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordynor View Post
Thanks. I think I'll make some brackets to permanently mount the QDs instead of just relying on zip-ties (I love those things!), but for now it isn't going anywhere!
Awesome job! Looks nice and clean.