LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

UltraGauge - Initial Observations

Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
AG87BlkLX is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
AG87BlkLX's Tacoma Gallery
I felt the same way about GPS’s at first. I’ve traveled to just about every state in the US with my job and always used Maps and Map Quest before GPS units came out. I still stayed away form them for awhile because I felt like it was a waist of money and I could use Map Quest to guide me from the airport to the job site and back.

My little boy started playing baseball and turned out he is pretty good so we started traveling to different places for baseball. That’s when I decided to buy a GPS and I love it. The first time I used the GPS was when we had a State Tournament in Chattanooga, TN. My Mom went with us and woke up with an abscessed tooth. She called her dentist and he called in a prescription to Walgreens. I had no idea where Walgreens was but a couple of pushes on the GPS and I was on my way to Walgreens. I always put my Hotel in the GPS so I can pick it and return back to the Hotel. I use it to find restaurants and really almost anything I need. We even use it to find a place to eat while driving. Just decide where you want to eat and pick it on the GPS and it will show you where the closest place is.

This year we ended up in North Carolina playing in a 7/8 year old Regional Tournament and the GPS was worth the cost again. On the way one of the parents following me realized he need to go to his Bank Branch to handle some finances after one of his employees called him. Couple of pushes on the GPS and we found his bank branch. We exited the interstate and drove through some town to his bank. This would have been difficult without the GPS and calling a local and getting directions isn’t always very helpful.

I know on one baseball trip before the GPS someone knew a restaurant they wanted to eat at so everybody follows them because no one else knew where it was…45 minutes later we end up at the restaurant…it was only 15 minutes for the ball field.

Does the GPS always work…No but it is a very useful tool.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #22
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
have her shave instead

Haha nice!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG87BlkLX View Post
I felt the same way about GPS’s at first. I’ve traveled to just about every state in the US with my job and always used Maps and Map Quest before GPS units came out. I still stayed away form them for awhile because I felt like it was a waist of money and I could use Map Quest to guide me from the airport to the job site and back.

My little boy started playing baseball and turned out he is pretty good so we started traveling to different places for baseball. That’s when I decided to buy a GPS and I love it. The first time I used the GPS was when we had a State Tournament in Chattanooga, TN. My Mom went with us and woke up with an abscessed tooth. She called her dentist and he called in a prescription to Walgreens. I had no idea where Walgreens was but a couple of pushes on the GPS and I was on my way to Walgreens. I always put my Hotel in the GPS so I can pick it and return back to the Hotel. I use it to find restaurants and really almost anything I need. We even use it to find a place to eat while driving. Just decide where you want to eat and pick it on the GPS and it will show you where the closest place is.

This year we ended up in North Carolina playing in a 7/8 year old Regional Tournament and the GPS was worth the cost again. On the way one of the parents following me realized he need to go to his Bank Branch to handle some finances after one of his employees called him. Couple of pushes on the GPS and we found his bank branch. We exited the interstate and drove through some town to his bank. This would have been difficult without the GPS and calling a local and getting directions isn’t always very helpful.

I know on one baseball trip before the GPS someone knew a restaurant they wanted to eat at so everybody follows them because no one else knew where it was…45 minutes later we end up at the restaurant…it was only 15 minutes for the ball field.

Does the GPS always work…No but it is a very useful tool.

good stuff, they sure are usefull when in unfamiliar places!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #24
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like it...good purchase. Some ppl might say its a waste of money but its your money. Do we really need new exhaust systems, bigger tires, 3in lifts and other cosmetics to make our truck different from others? So were all wasting money? NOT... we spend money on what curbs our desires
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #25
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of like it but that blue has to go. I also want it to be wireless or be able to disconnect the cable from the back.

I am thinking of getting a RAM mount for a laptop and install it along with a Macbook pro. I wonder how many people would think I am a cop

I think I will have more options with a laptop and I can run all sorts of crap on my Mac. Yes, I like electronics, but this gauge does not tickle me like many of you in here.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #26
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I kinda like mine..specially for 60 bux

I agree...........got mine yesterday . I have a question tho. You are able to turn off the check engine light with this unit. I will turn mine off and when I exit the page to go back to the main screen it comes right back on. Is this normal?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #27
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
I agree...........got mine yesterday . I have a question tho. You are able to turn off the check engine light with this unit. I will turn mine off and when I exit the page it comes right back on. Is this normal?

If it comes back on then you still have the problem.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #28
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of figured that. I thought it might have been a feature that let you turn it off still knowing you had a previous problem and then come on again if a different code showed up. Thanks. Now I have to pick up a couple of o2 sensors.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #29
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
I like it...good purchase. Some ppl might say its a waste of money but its your money. Do we really need new exhaust systems, bigger tires, 3in lifts and other cosmetics to make our truck different from others? So were all wasting money? NOT... we spend money on what curbs our desires
YEP exactly right...to most people, what color the badges on my truck are, or that a satoshi mod looks different from stck... DOES NOT matter in the slightest, or paying 1500 $ for a suspension lift would seem insane.... for the most part, no-one cares, thats the truth, lol
Why buy an Ultragauge? because you can......I'm not gonna tho, lol
Old 01-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #30
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw this... It seems all of you guys like it. I am seriously thinking of getting one now. Thats what bugs me the most about my truck is I drove a 09 chevy and had all the monitors and my yota has none. Does it seem like its truly accurate or does it just average numbers based on the calibration info? Hell for $60 I guess it doesn't really make a difference for the decision to purchase. I would like to know though.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #31
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
Considering the stock speedo is off, that's probably not a bad idea. Can you still get to the back of it? I ended up mounting mine above my rear view mirror. Basically I Velcro'd a plastic stick to the back of the mirror, then Velcro'd the UltraGauge to it. I finished the calibration today too because I run 285s over the stock 265s. I zero'd the trip meter then after a 20+ mile trip I did the math on the difference and entered that new number.

RZ Rob
Old 01-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #32
Jimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jim
Jimsc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Beauregard View Post
RZRob Guess I'm old school. If I don't need to waste money, I don't. If I need quick reference for an "unplanned missions" as you say, That is what the $5.95 Road Atlas is for next to my seat. You say "I love information." , but what info is it that you don't already have? RPM's, MPH, ??? It's all there, you just need to learn how to see it or use it. You can even figure you Lat & Long with the atlas / road map.
Rich "STEP OFF DUDE" I don't like your front bumper either, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't have it. Let the guy have his toy's and enjoy!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
Clever white boy.
wired_af is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
wired_af's Tacoma Gallery
Does the intake manifold pressure feature work on Tacomas?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #34
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired_af View Post
Does the intake manifold pressure feature work on Tacomas?
There is no intake manifold pressure. That only occurs with forced induction.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #36
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
Can UG detect or read speed sensor codes (ABS)?
If it is a specific ABS code it won't read it. If the code is a standard OBD2 code then it will read it.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #37
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Now if could get one....... Web site states 0 stock....
Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #38
RTG is on a distinguished road

RTG's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If it is a specific ABS code it won't read it. If the code is a standard OBD2 code then it will read it.
Thanks buddy..I asked 'cause i have one already, and i have the abs light on since last week and the UG haven't detected anything yet....the only mod that i did recently(month ago) was the all the time fog lights mod...so, i guess i gonna have to visit the stealership....