Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Water in my fog lights with brand new HIDs!!!

Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Water in my fog lights with brand new HIDs!!!

Damnit!!!!!

I noticed there appeared to be water on my fog light, went to wipe it off..... its on the inside ahhhhh!!!!

I have not went through deep water or anything, just washed it the other day, it has been raining I have hit a few puddles (in the street like pot holes)

So now my HID on driver side is lightly flickering.......

Am I screwed?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Na.. Just take it out open it up or take the bulp out and let it dry. Then when its dry put some silicone around it and put it back in.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You can also throw a silica gel packet in the housing to soak up and moisture and prevent fogging.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
you could try taking the light out and whipping it with an alcohol pad and using a clean microfiber afterwards. and let the light dry out. oh also make sure the seals on the lights are good and tight when you put the light back in.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OK cool thanks guys!

The light was in TIGHT!!!

So I'll end up silicone around it I supposed, I thought about that the night I did it but I didn't know.

Thanks guys whew I was like damnit!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Smallest hole will let water in.. Even if it is tight.

I know the frustration. But its all apart of Modin
Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Ok so tomorrow I am going to the lights ok, clean them with a alcohol pad, not touching it with my fingers. Then cleaning the housing out, the putting the light back in and silicone around the outside of the rear housing correct?

Thanks again whew Im so happy thought I just killed 100$ lol
Old 12-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Do your fogs have these holes?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #9
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_prettyman View Post
you could try taking the light out and whipping it with an alcohol pad and using a clean microfiber afterwards. and let the light dry out. oh also make sure the seals on the lights are good and tight when you put the light back in.
You could also try that rain-ex product that prevents fogging up. Just a thought.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
You could also try that rain-ex product that prevents fogging up. Just a thought.

true true