Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 pricing opinions

Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 AM   #21
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBulldawg View Post
I'm hung up on this statement, and now you've got me wondering about something. I even went looked at my paperwork because of it (after all, I was fishing for out-the-door prices including tax, then put $9k down).

Tell me if I'm wrong, or if it varies from state to state, but as far as I know, sales tax is figured on the final sales price of the vehicle before trade-in/down payment. At least that's what my paperwork is showing. I can't even remember how it was done on my previous vehicles.
Sales tax is based off of the balance after the trade in. This varies state to state.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 AM   #22
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotichoax View Post
Sales tax is based off of the balance after the trade in. This varies state to state.
If you're patient you can do a little better. Start low and hold your ground..negotiate like hell. I've purchased quite a few cars through the years. If you start low and hold your ground. They'll come down on their price. After the salesman runs back and forth with new numbers for you a few time. He'll ask you to work with him and come up on your price. Then you budge like 100-200. Slowly work your way up. If you have to, get up and act like you're going to leave.

I bought my 2010 DC LB TRD Sports for 28,500 earlier this year. They started out asking 33,800. I offered them 27,000 to start. At the end they were stuck on 28,900. I told them 28,500 or no deal and that it, I got up and started walking away, and the sales manager came out and stopped me at the door and told me to have a seat, he'll get the paperwork going for 28,500.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #23
tacowayne is on a distinguished road
Name: Wayne
tacowayne's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think that's a bad deal at all. I mean, you're getting basically the best Taco they make (stock that is)
Old 12-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #24
thenomad will become famous soon enoughthenomad will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Way
thenomad's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't pay more than 29,500 honestly. I'm soon to be in the market once my credit and debt is where I want it (not that its bad). Go to www.truecars.com and check out comparables
Old 12-31-2010, 07:52 AM   #25
coylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tk
coylifut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucker View Post
If you're patient you can do a little better. Start low and hold your ground..negotiate like hell. I've purchased quite a few cars through the years. If you start low and hold your ground. They'll come down on their price. After the salesman runs back and forth with new numbers for you a few time. He'll ask you to work with him and come up on your price. Then you budge like 100-200. Slowly work your way up. If you have to, get up and act like you're going to leave.

I bought my 2010 DC LB TRD Sports for 28,500 earlier this year. They started out asking 33,800. I offered them 27,000 to start. At the end they were stuck on 28,900. I told them 28,500 or no deal and that it, I got up and started walking away, and the sales manager came out and stopped me at the door and told me to have a seat, he'll get the paperwork going for 28,500.
did you finance the truck, or pay cash for it?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #26
ursusmajor is on a distinguished road
Army: 2-11 INF
Name: Drew
ursusmajor's Tacoma Gallery
In OH I was able to get a 2011 - 4DW - Tow Pkg - V6 - TRD Offroad for $26,700 after the $500 rebate. This worked out to 2.8% over dealer cost or about four grand under sticker. I usually buy my vehicles using a 'reverse' auction service like http://www.carwoo.com. Of course, you can do your own reverse auction and save the fee if you'd like. Use some other resource like http://www.carbuyingtips.com and download their blank offer spreadsheet. Once you get close to a price, take the completed sheet and show it to all the dealers in your area. Someone will bite.. always worked for me.

--Drew
Old 12-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #27
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Did u try capitalone auto finance I got my interest at 2%
Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #28
thenomad will become famous soon enoughthenomad will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Way
thenomad's Tacoma Gallery
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...b3b75219#v4-32

just an idea
Old 12-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #29
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by '02TRD View Post
dealers are crooks. start low!!!
Do you have a personal experience you would like to share that makes you feel this way...

...or are you in the "all businessmen are rich & evil and have no right to earn a profit on their multi million dollar investment" camp?

Or maybe you believe those in business are there only to provide jobs and health insurance to the masses? LoL
Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #30
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coylifut View Post
did you finance the truck, or pay cash for it?
I financed it at 2.9%. I could of paid cash for it, but I'm young and don't have any credit. I plan to make the payments for a year and pay it off.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 PM   #31
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Work on the out the door price I'd try and get them out the door for 30k or lower. I'm not good at negotiating either. I think I paid a little under 29k out the door for my 2009 4x4 Sport access cab. Paid cash.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #32
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
much appreciate all the tips and info...happy new year everyone
Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #33
I have made the decision that after further reading on here I'm going to look into getting a sport over the off road

so I'm glad I continued my lurking
Old 01-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #35
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have made the decision that after further reading on here I'm going to look into getting a sport over the off road

so I'm glad I continued my lurking
Remember the Sport doesn't come with a e-Locker or ATRAC.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #36
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $30,847 for a 2011 OR DC with JBL.

MSRP was $32,624. The variable in my numbers was the trade-in.

They gave me top dollar trade-in for my car initially, but I called my salesman back and gave him an OTD price I was willing to pay with my trade. It amounted to around $1400.00 less than the original offer.

My gut tells me that $2500.00 below MSRP (if not a little more below) may get you a deal.

Go to Edmunds.com and price one out to get dealer cost.

If you have already done that and I didn't see it in the thread, my bad

Good luck...
Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #37
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
I just priced the same truck yesterday. Sticker was $31864
They went down to $29802. Im going to try for another $500 off on Monday AM, before the Toyotathon is over. They offered 2.9 for 60 months.

Quote:
I am looking to trade in my current car and scoop a 2011 Tacoma (DC SB 4x4 TRD Off-road)

After some preliminary negotiating I am at $30k even for the truck (not including sales tax). The sticker on the truck is $31,864. I am confident I can get them down another $500.

Does this seem like a decent deal? I know it's not extraordinary but I have enough trouble just finding these trucks in my area. So haggling is only going to get me so far.

Would appreciate your thoughts/opinions.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #38
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
How did you do that? I looked at cap one online, it shows new car rates for 60 months at 3.39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaCoULuV2Hate View Post
Did u try capitalone auto finance I got my interest at 2%
Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #39
arrowthrower is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
arrowthrower's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine Dec 17th. 2011 DC 4x4 TRD. Got them down to $29300. Stickered at 31,xxx. (Not Sure). I got 2.9% for 60 also. Lifetime warrenty and 2 years of free maintenance. TTL was about $1900.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #40
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 2011 Double Cab 4x SR5 (non sport non TRD,) for 200 under real invoice. Pay the $15 and go to Consumerreports.com it'll tell you exactly what the dealership paid, what each option costs them and what their minimal hold back is. The min hold back is a little off on CR (a little low) but I was under 30k out the door with my truck and I'm pretty sure it MSRP'ed for almost 31k.

Good luck.