Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 pricing opinions

Old 01-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #41
MagGrayTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ret
Name: B
MagGrayTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I recently purchased a '11 DCSB Sport. Best part, I had my wife do all the haggling, she loves that shi!t. I belong to USAA (military bank) and they have agreements with some of the local dealers, they guarantee $500 under invoice, minimum. I think Costco and a few other companies have the same deal, so look around and deal with only the internet department, not the sales guys on the lot.

I am looking at my paperwork now:
"TOTAL PRICE"....33,157.00 oooooh it has interior and exterior protection for 499 ea!!
MSRP before BS protection.....$32,159.00, I think invoice was around $30,000.

Edmunds shows great info. Dealer had to show us their invoice (Edmunds was spot on to the dealer info)…..a couple of things we negotiated. “dealer hold back” and “SET Fees” were total BS to me, so we told them cut that crap out. “Destination fees” of $810, they would not budge.

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/tacoma/2011/options.html?trim=v6&sub=double-cab&style=101336181
Make sure to select
V6 DC SB 5 speed auto
TRD Sport
V6 Tow Package
$811 SET fee
Day Time running lights

We paid….$28,364.06 that is including the $500 rebate, delivery and handling. I think we got a fairly good deal. My wife took about 2 weeks of emails/calls etc and not budging on our $28400 price. We researched well enough before hand to know what a decent deal was without being ridiculous.

By the way, my wife will negotiate the same deal for you, her price is $500 per deal…. kidding of course.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #42
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
MagGrayTaco,

Similar to your USAA, American Express Credit Card Services offer dealer agreements. I have to local dealers (within 35 miles) and the prices for the exact vehicle you have listed are the following.

V6 DC SB 4x4 5AT
TRD Sport
V6 Tow Package
$811 SET fee
Day Time running lights

Dealer 1 (13 miles away): $29,059 (+279 dealer doc's)
Dealer 2 (34.5 miles away): $28,259 (+299 dealer doc's)

Looks like I'll have to take a trip to each with my trade in and see what it's worth to them. I have to say that the American Express Auto Buying feature is awesome. It may potentially save me almost $2k on the truck from where I'm at now.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #43
MagGrayTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ret
Name: B
MagGrayTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Drive the 20 miles to save almost $800, that is an OME lift.....
Old 01-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #44
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGrayTaco View Post
Drive the 20 miles to save almost $800, that is an OME lift.....
Yeah, I feel obligated to take the drive. I'll be pissed if they won't make my trade in worth while though haha
Old 01-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #45
novadesigns is a splendid one to beholdnovadesigns is a splendid one to beholdnovadesigns is a splendid one to beholdnovadesigns is a splendid one to beholdnovadesigns is a splendid one to beholdnovadesigns is a splendid one to behold
novadesigns's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a new 2011 DC LB TRD Sport 4x4 for $29,545... this was to replace my poor, year-old 2009 TRD Sport Prerunner that was totaled a couple of weeks ago.

As far as I could find, this was one of the only DC LB TRD Sport 4x4 available in SoCal. I called over a dozen dealers looking for this truck. It really seems like 4x4 DC LB TRDs are rare at dealers. Tons of Prerunner TRDs, tons of Shortbed 4x4 TRDs, Access cab 4x4 TRDs.... bur all the DC longbed 4x4s are SR5s.... So to get everything I wanted took a couple of weeks of searching.

I spent about 3 hours haggling to get the dealer down from the $32,865 sticker. I don't feel like I got the best deal, but I didn't have a lot of wiggle room since this was the only truck I could find in the LA area that was exactly what I was looking for. And the dealer knew it. They had two and one was gold (blech!)

The only sucky part was the TT&L... since CA sales tax is nearly 10% and the DMV simply rapes truck buyers I hit $33k OTD. Sure beats the $37 or more it could've been. At least I got a good rate from my credit union. My payment is $20/month less than on my Prerunner. With the money I saved I bought a tonneau cover.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #46
roadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
you can get a better price.Gateway Toyota in toms river n.j. Internet sales department.Never haggle from the sticker down.Start at the invoice.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #47
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you have to have an absolutely new truck I would buy used and let someone else take the first hit.

If you could sell your car out right and travel a bit I seen these new 2011's

http://www.carmax.com/enus/search-re...epage:homepage
Old 01-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #48
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
In my neck of the woods a 7 year old Taco just like I bought with 125k is going for $15k. Financing was a must for me so the payment was the same for a new. Why not. I got a 2011, 2 years free service, lower payment and better interest rate. The best part, I'm no longer stuck with a domestic hunk that I'm always wrenching on!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #49
TumbleBug is on a distinguished road
TumbleBug's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I have a Nazi of a Dad when it comes to breaking down car dealers and what my dad did is got the guy to bring out the invoice and then offered him $250 over that, just like someone else posted earlier, they still get their hold back and advertising and whatever.... Then since we have excellent credit and we are apart of a credit union we figured out what our credit union offered for APR and then told the toyota people to match it... ended up getting a 34,451 sticker price down to 30,300 or so... got an extra $1000 on my Jeep trade in and got APR at 3.25% for 72 months... Good luck.