Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 pricing opinions

Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
2011 pricing opinions

I am looking to trade in my current car and scoop a 2011 Tacoma (DC SB 4x4 TRD Off-road)

After some preliminary negotiating I am at $30k even for the truck (not including sales tax). The sticker on the truck is $31,864. I am confident I can get them down another $500.

Does this seem like a decent deal? I know it's not extraordinary but I have enough trouble just finding these trucks in my area. So haggling is only going to get me so far.

Would appreciate your thoughts/opinions.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
30 is what I paid for my 2010 back in December of 09.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thanks for the reply...I'd like to think I've done pretty well getting them down from the $31,864 sticker
Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My sticker was 32. Honestly I'm horrible at vehicle negotiations so I never get that great of a deal.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
TXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TXBulldawg's Tacoma Gallery
During my two weeks of emailing dealers and getting quotes a month ago, I was specifically asking for out-the-door prices (including TT&L). I was consistently getting the best prices from the dealer I ultimately went with. Here are a few figures I still have (all are 4x4):

Double Cab, TRD/OR, 6-Disc, Tow Package: $31282.36 out the door
Access Cab, TRD/OR, (and JBL & Tow, I think): $30899.91 out the door
Double Cab, SR5, 6-Disc, Tow Package: $30114.71 out the door
Old 12-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBulldawg View Post
During my two weeks of emailing dealers and getting quotes a month ago, I was specifically asking for out-the-door prices (including TT&L). I was consistently getting the best prices from the dealer I ultimately went with. Here are a few figures I still have (all are 4x4):

Double Cab, TRD/OR, Tow Package: $31282.36 out the door
Access Cab, TRD/OR, (and JBL & Tow, I think): $30899.91 out the door
Double Cab, SR5, Tow Package: $30114.71 out the door
What's your sales tax in Texas?

I'll be trading in a vehicle so my sales tax won't be for the full price of the Tacoma which will save me a lot.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what the price difference would be... But I got my 2011 DC sport. Short bed 4x4. JBL, towing. With the manual trans for 28,500
Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
david7268 is on a distinguished road
david7268's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotichoax View Post
Unless it has changed in the last few years, it should be 6.25 percent.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
Invoice for that truck is $29,182-...see if they'll go $200- over invoice @ $29,382-...they will still get their dealer hold-back, advertising fees, and all the other bullshit they don't deserve...I believe they are also giving $500- cash back on 2011 Tacomas, not sure about the TRD Off-Road model though...good luck!!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
TXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXBulldawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I'll be trading in a vehicle so my sales tax won't be for the full price of the Tacoma which will save me a lot.
6.25% (plus registration, licensing, and all that junk)
Old 12-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OLYMPIC VIEW" View Post
Invoice for that truck is $29,182-...see if they'll go $200- over invoice @ $29,382-...they will still get their dealer hold-back, advertising fees, and all the other bullshit they don't deserve...I believe they are also giving $500- cash back on 2011 Tacomas, not sure about the TRD Off-Road model though...good luck!!
Thank you for this information. Makes me feel pretty good about where I'm at thus far.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
Mace24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeffrey
Mace24's Tacoma Gallery
what i paid...

i just bought a 2011 yesterday and with the incentives i paid 30k... they gave me 2k more for what i bought my g37s last yr... so i feel like i did well. good luck!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #13
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Texas and bought a 2011 TRD DC/SB TRD Off-Road with the JBL system for $27650+TTL about 2 weeks ago. Sticker price was $31250 I think, maybe $30250. It's a pre-runner though, not sure if you're looking for a 4x4. I got it down by researching the invoice price and true market value and offered them right at true market value. I was emailing 4 different dealerships saying that the other guys had offered me $27700, which was a lie (sue me) and when I was offered $27650 I jumped on it.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:34 PM   #14
Mace24's Tacoma Gallery
it is 6.25 percent... haha just paid the difference which was only 3k...
Old 12-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #15
Mace24's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 double cab fully loaded with the trd sport package... sorry i didnt put that before... im new as of 10 mins ago haha
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug McQuinn View Post
I live in Texas and bought a 2011 TRD DC/SB TRD Off-Road with the JBL system for $27650+TTL about 2 weeks ago. Sticker price was $31250 I think, maybe $30250. It's a pre-runner though, not sure if you're looking for a 4x4. I got it down by researching the invoice price and true market value and offered them right at true market value. I was emailing 4 different dealerships saying that the other guys had offered me $27700, which was a lie (sue me) and when I was offered $27650 I jumped on it.
Sorry I edited my post, I am looking for a 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace24 View Post
I have a 2011 double cab fully loaded with the trd sport package... sorry i didnt put that before... im new as of 10 mins ago haha
Thanks man
Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 AM   #17

Quote:
I'm hung up on this statement, and now you've got me wondering about something. I even went looked at my paperwork because of it (after all, I was fishing for out-the-door prices including tax, then put $9k down).

Tell me if I'm wrong, or if it varies from state to state, but as far as I know, sales tax is figured on the final sales price of the vehicle before trade-in/down payment. At least that's what my paperwork is showing. I can't even remember how it was done on my previous vehicles.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:43 AM   #18
4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Charlie
4banger's Tacoma Gallery
What's the interest rate? I just bought one, during toyotathon no money down and got 2.6%. I was arguing the price so they try to get you, by giving $500 dollars back and loosing the good interest rate. Its bogus, 2.6 up to like 12, and there is a Toyotathon twitter deal for $500 anyway. They came about three off the sticker and threw in the gold trd wheels. Still expensive though. The wheels get mounted on tuesday. Also if you do buy make sure you find the link to post toyotathon info on twitter to get a $500 dollar Toyota debit card. Good luck, and remember the ball is in your court the car industry is in the shitter, use multiple dealers against one another, and know they are all crooks!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
What's the interest rate? I just bought one, during toyotathon no money down and got 2.6%. I was arguing the price so they try to get you, by giving $500 dollars back and loosing the good interest rate. Its bogus, 2.6 up to like 12, and there is a Toyotathon twitter deal for $500 anyway. They came about three off the sticker and threw in the gold trd wheels. Still expensive though. The wheels get mounted on tuesday. Also if you do buy make sure you find the link to post toyotathon info on twitter to get a $500 dollar Toyota debit card. Good luck, and remember the ball is in your court the car industry is in the shitter, use multiple dealers against one another, and know they are all crooks!
We didn't get as far as running my credit or anything so this was quoted at their standard 5.9 interest rate. Until I can get the price on the truck squared away I'm not even going to bring that up.

I don't NEED to trade my current vehicle for the Tacoma so I will certainly be looking for the best deal for ME.