2011 4.0 gas tank

Old 12-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
woodside783 is on a distinguished road

Name: Casey
woodside783's Tacoma Gallery
2011 4.0 gas tank

what size is the gas tank on the 2011 4 door 4.0 v6
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
what size is the gas tank on the 2011 4 door 4.0 v6
Welcome to TW... This may be of interest to you, as well... and unlike the gas tank size being in your owner's manual, this isn't!:

So far, the 21 gallon tank has (+/- 0.5 gallon):
16 gallons at the 3/4 full gauge line (down 5 gallons)
12 gallons at the 1/2 full gauge line (down 9)
8 gallons at the 1/4 tank line. (down 13)
4 gallons at the E-LIGHT (down 17)
2.5 gallons at the E LINE (down 18.5)

E line to empty tank is 2-3 gallons ('reserve')
Old 12-31-2010, 05:37 AM   #4
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
... unlike the gas tank size being in your owner's manual, this isn't!:...
Hey thanks! it is good to know...

If you don't mind, how does one go about determining this?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #5

ok thanks guys
Old 12-31-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Siren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant futureSiren has a brilliant future

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Angela
Siren's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywh1 View Post

Easy. Watch where your tank is reading before the fill up and then watch how many gallons you put in it.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywh1 View Post

It came up awhile ago and there is more than one thread on TW regarding the gauge accuracy... I am on my third Tacoma, and I never bothered to figure it it before this one...

At first, I thought it must be random... but it was consitant for me and others here who also filled up at various points.

The needle should be clearly over the line and not above or below... You have about a 5 miles 'window' to find a gas station when your gauge needle is over any of the different lines. So, when the needle is over the 1/4 line, fill it up... the odds are you will put about 13 gallons in... and I always say there is a +/- range of 0.5 gallons. Fill it up to where the nozzle shuts off... and round it up (if you are in a state where they let you fill your own car), but don't go to where it spills out, obviously!

I have topped the tank several times when it was at 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and the E light just came on... Going further to the E line, I have only done once or twice... and I never have run out.

For fun, see if your gauge is the same as mine and fill up right when the needle is over any of the marked points on your gauge... within a half gallon of my findings:

So far, the 21 gallon tank has (+/- 0.5 gallon):
16 gallons at the 3/4 full gauge line (down 5 gallons)
12 gallons at the 1/2 full gauge line (down 9)
8 gallons at the 1/4 tank line. (down 13)
4 gallons at the E-LIGHT (down 17)
2.5 gallons at the E LINE (down 18.5)

E line to empty tank is 2-3 gallons ('reserve')
Old 01-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #8

was hopeing i would get better mpg thanks guys
Old 01-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #9

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
was hopeing i would get better mpg thanks guys
Better than what? What are you getting?

15-19 has been my range with 16.5 to 17.0 being the most common for my mostly around trown and some highway driving. Sign up to Fuelly.com and keep a record as well as link the site to here as I have done to share your data.