1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB #0359-10 DENIED on my 2011

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Dec 31, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    Also, get this, the service tech told me that with the new rear springs, my truck would bottom out even more. Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose if that was the case? I just think he was just full of crap.

2. Dec 31, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    sleepdr

sleepdr Active Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD OR, Black Sand Pearl
    I took pictures of sag when moving about 500lb of dumbbells, a rack, and weight bench. Mentioned that it was hitting bump stops at that weight.

Dealership went from saying, "we have to do tests and reproduce it" to "sounds like you've already tested it & found the problem. Don't worry about bringing pics; we'll order the springs." Do your homework and hopefully it will go ok.

3. Dec 31, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Payload [2] (lb.)1350

Straight from Toyotas website it states the payload if 1350lb's, that includes the weight of occupants & accesories. So unless you have over 950lb's in the cab you are not hauling too much with 400lb's in the bed.

4. Dec 31, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    This is exactly the way it went for me, too. The service manager called me and asked me not to give him a bad review. Corporate called me back after the work was done and asked if everything was allright. This was two years ago though. It seems to me Toyota is beginning to feel the heat from the negative press they got this year.

5. Dec 31, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I know about the review. The work order that they gave me a copy of had at the bottom, "you will be receiving a survey on theservicethat you received". They do not want me to fill out this thing.

6. Dec 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Probably dealers that haven't gotten reimbursed by Toyota on a repair they thought was covered under warranty work. Also with warranty work Toyota only pays out what they have determined to be the amount of time it takes to complete a TSB. I'm sure a dealer would be more reluctant if it took more time than what Toyota had budgeted for.

Also, I would bet that shop hourly rate is more than Toyota warranty hourly rate.

7. Dec 31, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    shook0002

shook0002 "The Fuzz"

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Philly
    Vehicle:
    '08 Doublecab 4X4 SR5
    I took mine in loaded with a 55 gallon drum filled with water, sitting on the bumpstops.

8. Jan 1, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods

You my friend will have no issues with getting TSB's taken care of. RK Toyota has helped me out with EVERY TSB I have brought to them, to include the most recent ones of the blower motor and the intermediate steering shaft...

9. Jan 1, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    Gitmo

Gitmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Except the only problem is that if your bump stops have no wear on it then its obvious you're lieing =\. I agree that the dealer should fix it if you know about the tsb and talk to them about it!

When I went in for mine I explained to them about a harsh ride over uneven roads and then also showed him the tsb fully printed with everything highlighted that applied to my truck. I then also added that I was going to be hauling snowmachines in the upcoming winter and they installed it hassle free xD.

10. Jan 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    2011TacoSport4x4

2011TacoSport4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clyde
    Offutt AFB, Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4x4 OME 3" lift
    OME 3" lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N Intake, bestop, ARB Locker, 4:56 gears, ARB Deluxe bumper, Warn 8000lb winch, Synthetic line, Rock sliders, exhaust relocation done, All Pro standard 3" leaf packs, Timbren Bump stops, Extended brake lines, Pioneer dual din DVD, Pioneer door speakers, Ultra Gauge, BAMF Lower LCA Skids.
    X2,000,000:D If your local dealer refuses, call toyota and they will take care of it!

11. Jan 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    jewels2

jewels2 Member

Member:
    nebraska
    Vehicle:
    07 access cab sr5
    I know where you are coming from pal. When I took mine into Cornhusker Toyota in Grand Island Nebraska two years ago they flat refused to do the tsb. When I showed the service manager (Jessie) where the bed had been bottoming out on the bump stops he explained that there had to be exessive wear before they could do anything. I ended up driving 140 miles and having the job done in Omaha. I'm still pissed about this.:mad:

12. Jan 5, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    SeniorSpan

SeniorSpan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    23 TRD DCSB OR
    G'day,

Just returned from my dealer in Colorado Springs. Got a nice smoke screen regarding TSB 0359-10 for the rear springs. Told me they have not had to do one to date and talked about pinion angles being adjusted vs changing springs. The only thing not present was a "flashing" BS sign. If this was "flat land" without a hill or off road trail for miles I might be somewhat convinced.

But this is Colorado with 52 14,000 foot peaks and rock ladened trails you could spend a life time investigating. Not to mention the wood cutting opportunities. if your gonna bottom out this is but one of the really good places it's gonna happen.

So If there's some one who has gotten the TSB done to their truck by a dealer Colorado Springs I sure would like to know the dealer.

On the search for a dealer.

Cheers

Bob

13. Jan 5, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    Well, I called Toyota in California at 7am their time on Monday morning. I went over everything that was said to me by the service tech. I even told the person about the tech telling me that I should have gotten a different truck if I wanted to haul 400 lbs in the bed. She said that I would hear back within 48 hours. Well, I called back today and said that it is 1-3 business days. She told me that if I do not hear from the dealer by tomorrow to give them another call back in California. UGH:goingcrazy:

14. Jan 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    Falcon86

Falcon86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    It took me 2 calls to Toyota Corporate and 2 trips to the stealership, but they finally took care of it. It's bad business to make people that spent 20-30k on a product jump through hoops to get something that supposedly is given to anyone who owns the product. Just stick to your guns but try to remain courteous no matter how much BS they feed you. Eventually you'll get through to the right person.

15. Jan 5, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    SeniorSpan

SeniorSpan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    23 TRD DCSB OR
    Great info, anyone willing to post the phone number to the correct TSB source in the Toyota Corp office in Calif. I'd really like to get this done before I start loading the bed with wood and or ATV's.

Cheers

Bob

16. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    So I went to the dealer and was told no on tsb...
    Called another dealer and they checked vin said yes but they gotta do a ride a long lol

What you guys think about that

17. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    Toyota Corp # is 1800 331 4331

18. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    if the dealer is busy, they will pass on doing the tsb. ifIf they are hungry, they will do it no questions asked but for the obvious. Tell them what they need to hear. The correct wording is key. My dealer did instantly for me.

19. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    That's the key. Go "corporate" if they deny you, and let them know that you will do it.

None of the dealers want to appear that they are not kissing the customer's @ss.

Toyota has had enough PR problems over the last 18 months to last a lifetime.

They want YOU satisfied ;)

20. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.

Products Discussed in

To Top