Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gentex Homelinke Mirror Wiring Help

Old 12-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Gentex Homelinke Mirror Wiring Help

I am in the process of installing the Gentex Autodimming Homelink mirror and cant tell how to power it. I've searched and saw some threads but they werent clear, Jefferson's thread about installing an autodimming mirror helped but i need more clarification on where to hook up the wires
Old 12-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
probe wires up in the headliner/maplights with a test light/mulitmeter.

There are power (constant and switched) and ground wires up there. Just poke around and then tap them.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
probe wires up in the headliner/maplights with a test light/mulitmeter.

There are power (constant and switched) and ground wires up there. Just poke around and then tap them.
Thats what i was thinking of doing but for me its too risky, im bad with wiring, im jus gonna have the dealership wire it
Old 01-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Thats what i was thinking of doing but for me its too risky, im bad with wiring, im jus gonna have the dealership wire it
Exactly what Lookylook said..... Prob the wires with multimeter.

Find the wiring for the MAP lights for constant power for the homelink.

Find the wiring for the temp/compass (ignition power) for the auto dimming (if you have it).

For ground, you can use the sheet metal that supports the whole console, just make sure you get the paint off and a good contact with the metal (lug w/bolt). We used a ring lug on the end of the wire, drilled a hole and used bolt/nut.