Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Idea for hybrid steel tube/steel plate bumper

Old 12-31-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Idea for hybrid steel tube/steel plate bumper

Hey everyone!
I love the look of the Relentless Fab steel plate bumper, and after reading through Relentlesstaco's build for a while and seeing some of his bumper in fabrication, I decided to see what I could come up with. I have no welding experience so dont plan on seeing one of these on my truck anytime soon, but heres my idea. I'm no artist so dont bother wasting your time commenting on the shoddiness of my sketch.

It has steel tubing for the hoop which continues down to form the basic lines of the bumper, then two more pieces of steel tubing welded to the bottom ends of the hoop to cut back into where the skid plate would be. Then steel plate to fill in the rest. Recessed fogs on the outsides, recessed driving lights in the middle, hole for winch cable to come through, 2 shackle points, 3 hi lift jacking points.

Just an idea.. if anyone out there likes it and can figure out how to build one, i'll buy one, otherwise maybe someday when I learn how to weld and have a garage to work in, I'll start up "Jerzeyz Finest Fabrication"
... might need to do some more work on the name too...
Old 01-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed
Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be building a hybrid version of my bumper real soon... a member already has the first of them ordered.