Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ride is too bumpy

Old 01-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #21
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
my truck rides rougher than hell and i love it, its a truck its supposed to be rough
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
neneago is on a distinguished road
neneago's Tacoma Gallery
I have a guy doing the job for $150 bucks.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #23
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neneago View Post
I have a guy doing the job for $150 bucks.

Just pulling 2 of the leafs or replacing the pack ?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #24
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
ok, just to get things straight...

how many lugs hold on your wheels... (5 or 6)

new shocks could make your truck much more comfortable.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #25
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Just pulling 2 of the leafs or replacing the pack ?
X2, if I were in your area I would remove those 2 leaves for you for a six of good beer or replace the spring pack for a case...provided you buy the necessary hardware (read:new u-bolts). Much less expensive ways to go about this. Pulling those 2 leaves per side should only be an hour or so worth of work.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #26
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in consideration that you will lose some rear lift. You don't want a sagging rear look. It being a fleet truck, the owner may had those extra leafs for heavy hauling and the original springs are probably not worth keeping. I would go with new leaf packs to maintain the lift and new shocks all the way around.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #27
neneago's Tacoma Gallery
I found a Mobile mechanic to come to my garage and do the job for $50. A lot cheaper than the shop which gave me the $150 price. Here's how it looks now... The ride is so much smoother.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #28
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be harsh, but if the vehicle rides like a truck and you're not going to be carrying a load, why do you have it? Seriously. Maybe you should have something more suitable for your uses?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #29
neneago's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDodger View Post
Not to be harsh, but if the vehicle rides like a truck and you're not going to be carrying a load, why do you have it? Seriously. Maybe you should have something more suitable for your uses?
Did you read what I'm going to use te truck for? I returned the truck to a STOCK setup. Your saying that a stock setup is not a truck??
Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #30
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
From the pic you can tell it is def a base model (5lug) it is SUA

the 2 leaves removed dont look stock so getting rid of those gave you a stock ride.

glad you were able to take care and make your truck suite your needs

if it was a fleet vehicle like some here in socal, they might have put the aal's to carry 200% of the true Gross weight the truck should haul... pretty common of some companies to ask a 4 banger base taco to haul as much as a V8 1/2t
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #31
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
I dont think he has a 5 lugger
yes it is. It's axle over spring.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #32
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on getting it figured out OP .