Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Door edge guards, keep or ditch?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Door edge guards, keep or ditch?

Bought a silver 08 D-Cab PreRunner that came with some black door edge guards on all 4 door edges. They are functional, but not sure if I like the black on silver on my door edge. Anybody else using these?
Old 01-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Toyo_Jet is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Toyo_Jet's Tacoma Gallery
I don't ever lay my doors up against anything to need them. Always look better without.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #3

I've seen body colored guards. Anybody sporting these?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
I've seen body colored guards. Anybody sporting these?
i just ordered some from the dealer, should have them tuesday-- $45 for a DC

and i'm careful as hell, its just anybody that rides with me-- its not their truck, so they wont care. and since murder is illegal, all i can do is yell at them, which usually doesnt work
Old 01-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I have some black ones on mine, but I have a MGM. So they don't really stick out. I'm always careful, but as REX said friends are not. Plus you never know when a strong wind can catch it and fling it open! I have had that happen! If you don't like them, get some new ones and paint them silver, proably wouldn't be a perfect match but close and look better.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I have colored matched ones on mine...I love them cause I hate door dings.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
I have colored matched ones on mine...I love them cause I hate door dings.
Wheres the best place to get the color matched ones?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post

and i'm careful as hell, its just anybody that rides with me-- its not their truck, so they wont care. and since murder is illegal, all i can do is yell at them, which usually doesnt work
X2, can't agree more.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
Wheres the best place to get the color matched ones?
I got mine from here. They were a bit more expensive but they are molded to the curves ofthe door.

http://dooredgeguards.com/
Old 01-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
dessertsand05 is a jewel in the roughdessertsand05 is a jewel in the roughdessertsand05 is a jewel in the roughdessertsand05 is a jewel in the rough
Firefighter:
dessertsand05's Tacoma Gallery
I tried out the OEM ones from Toyota. I was not a fan, they were really hard to put on and figure out what door to put them on, didn't fit that great, and they seemed like they would fall off over time. Not to mention that they probably do trap dirt and grime, ie one more think that is a pain to detail.

It was not a good $45 spent, and I did follow the instruction very carefully, in the end I was like......"oh that is why cars don't use these anymore" or no wonder nobody on Tacom World has them or talks about them....

YMMV
Old 01-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
Gregg is on a distinguished road

Name: Gregg
Gregg's Tacoma Gallery
I found this site that sells color matched door edge guards for Tacomas. Click on moldings and trim.

http://www.brandsport.com/