Drivers side unlock button won't work

Old 01-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
I'd rather eat dirt
AZ11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shaun
AZ11's Tacoma Gallery
Drivers side unlock button won't work

WHAT'S UP TW!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been a while for me on here. Like the title of this post implies, the drivers side unlock button stopped working. I can push the lock button and all the doors lock, but when I push the unlock button nothing happens. The passenger side unlock button unlocks the doors just fine so it can't be a problem with the actuators right? I'm thinking it's got to be a wiring/connection issue. I took it to the stealership but they want $150 just to open up the door panel and look at it. I do have a Viper remote entry/start installed but the unlock button worked fine for a long time after installing the Viper.
Has anyone else had a similar problem? How did you fix it? Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like the drivers door lock switch is bad. If the passenger side one works everything fine then obviously the door lock actuators all work ok & relay for the locks work ok. The only thing left is the drivers door lock switch itself. I'm not 100% sure but I think the lock switch is part of the window switch too? Definetly replace the switch. You might also just try removing the switch from your door panel and banging on it to see if it starts working, sometimes that is the best diagnostic procedure.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this happen on a ford explorer. It was the whole unlock assembly that went bad. The connection in the unit fried and I ended up just replacing the whole assembly. Now this was a explorer so on yours I would take the door panel off and check connections and such.