Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I am Canadian need help on what to offer in US dealership

Old 01-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
rob01 is on a distinguished road
rob01's Tacoma Gallery
I am Canadian need help on what to offer in US dealership

Looking to buy a 2009-11 Tacoma in the U.S but have no idea how to bargain here. If am looking at vehicle advertise at $28000 what would be a good offer to put in that a dealer would accept.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob01 View Post
Looking to buy a 2009-11 Tacoma in the U.S but have no idea how to bargain here. If am looking at vehicle advertise at $28000 what would be a good offer to put in that a dealer would accept.
New, used? Mileage? More info on the truck? Do you have a link to it? Help us out here man.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Unless things are different your way, a dealership will not sell you a brand new vehicle. (Thats the way it works here anyways) There are a couple ways around it, but that depends on what your salesman is willing to do.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
Unless things are different your way, a dealership will not sell you a brand new vehicle. (Thats the way it works here anyways) There are a couple ways around it, but that depends on what your salesman is willing to do.
Do you mean a US dealer won't sell him a vehicle because he's a canuck?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5048-eng.html

check this site out, and I would say dicker with the dealer the same you would up here
Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Do you mean a US dealer won't sell him a vehicle because he's a canuck?
Yeah, that's how it works around here. We can't buy a brand new vehicle in the US, only used. One of the ways to get around it is for the dealership to drive it around the block and say it's "used". It could very well be different where he is at though.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
rob01 is on a distinguished road
rob01's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to buy a 2011 trd quad cab with 187 miles on it, and yes it is used because us Canadians cannot buy new from a dealer. Asking price is $29092. What would a dealer take for an offer? What does a brand new truck like this go for?
Old 01-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my6 truck brand new from PA. You just have to find a dealer that is willing to do it.
I called a total of 3 dealers, the 3rd one said no problem. It is Toyota Corporate that tells the deaelrs that they can't do it. If the dealer is willing to ignore the rule, then it's no problem.

I found dealers in the States way more comptetive with the pricing then Canada (espicially if you don't tell them your from Canada until after you have a quote in hand).

When I bought my truck new it cost me $25,577.00 CND plus tax at the border. Came to just under $30 K CND sitting in my driveway.

Make sure you get a copy of the owenership to fax 72 hours ahead and a recall clearance letter BEFORE any money exchanges hands.

Shawn