Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Chrome rims only!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
rmahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant future
Name: Robert
rmahoney2013's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome rims only!

Post your tacos with chrome rims only.. GO GO GO !!!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dalton
loaderman82's Tacoma Gallery
This is my kind of thread!! I don't have chrome wheels right now, just stock, but when I can afford wheels they will be chrome ( polished )! Hope to get the Mickey Thompson Classic Locks on some BF Mud Terrains! Does anybody have this set up so I can see what I have to look forward to? Black wheels = Chrome wheels =
Old 01-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
I <3 Taco's
YeahBoyyy is on a distinguished road

YeahBoyyy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaderman82 View Post
Black wheels = Chrome wheels =
I disagree, black wheels with silver accents =
chrome wheels =
Old 01-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
There's a big difference between chrome and polished aluminum in my mind.

Not a fan of chrome myself.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm not a big fan of the chrome either, it looks good but is too big of a pain to maintain! I want the polished MT Locks!
Attached Thumbnails
Chrome rims only!-classic_lock.jpg  
Old 01-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
BUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUZZ5's Tacoma Gallery
^ Man I think you got that backward. Why do they call it pollished alluminum? Because that's what you do constantly to keep them looking good. Why get pollished unless you want the shine? Chrome is easily cleaned & takes a bunch less time to do so. If you like spending time in the driveway rubbing your wheels get pollished, if you want to be riding get chrome.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd... Always liked chrome wheels more than black. I know about 90% of the forum feels differently, but I just love to look at a truck and be drawn to the bright chrome wheels.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZ5 View Post
^ Man I think you got that backward. Why do they call it pollished alluminum? Because that's what you do constantly to keep them looking good. Why get pollished unless you want the shine? Chrome is easily cleaned & takes a bunch less time to do so. If you like spending time in the driveway rubbing your wheels get pollished, if you want to be riding get chrome.
Buzz is correct. I have had both.

I personally moved on from the "Chrome" phase. Not a huge fan. I think it is best to leave the chrome to the Hummers and Escalades. But to each his own...
Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #10
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaderman82 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the chrome either, it looks good but is too big of a pain to maintain! I want the polished MT Locks!
polished sucks i had 2 sets and never again u have to polish your balls off to keep them looking good and if it snows were u live forget it they will look like shit after winter.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome rims on a truck is so 50 years ago
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Guess2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: DAVE
Guess2010's Tacoma Gallery
Guys dont get chrome wheels no more cause they Cost more MONEY
Attached Thumbnails
Chrome rims only!-img_0032.jpg  
Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #13
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome looks awesome...on a sports car or a motorcycle. On a truck it just looks like you are confused about what vehicle you really wanted to buy.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #14

Well I guess I got some bad info! Good thing I didn't go buy the polished yet, I might have been pissed if I had of. Well, is there a chrome wheel that resembels the MT Locks, because that is the style I want!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Moto Metal 950s

Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
Chrome looks awesome...on a sports car or a motorcycle. On a truck it just looks like you are confused about what vehicle you really wanted to buy.
Looks like we gotta hater ladies and gentlemen

I think my truck looks sic...I had no problem deciding that I wanted a truck...I'll never own a car or a motorcycle
Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess2010 View Post
Guys dont get chrome wheels no more cause they Cost more MONEY
Got any better pics? I like the Fuel wheels and have wondered what they would look like on the Taco.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
Choot It!

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Gauge View Post
Black is so utility truck from 50 years ago!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #20
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer chrome as long as they are not too busy. I have never liked black wheels for one reason only....you can't see the damn wheel. What's the point in buying wheels if they just blend in with the tire???