Notices

Best Bed Extender?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
BarkSlayer is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
BarkSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
Best Bed Extender?

Is there an aftermarket bed extender that's clearly better than the Genuine Toyota version? I'm looking to pick up an extender for my '07 Access Cab and thought I'd float the question before springing for the factory item.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
three west is on a distinguished road
Name: JD
three west's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I ordered the Amp Research Bed X-tender from 4wheelparts with a $40 instant rebate, but I think the rebate is over. Its a great product but it didn't come with the tailgate latches, I ordered those from Amazon.
same here, had to do research elsewhere to get the strap do-dads, but was able to order them all from 4hwheelparts cheaper than anywhere else...
Old 01-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkSlayer View Post
Is there an aftermarket bed extender that's clearly better than the Genuine Toyota version? I'm looking to pick up an extender for my '07 Access Cab and thought I'd float the question before springing for the factory item.
I bought my Toyota one for $200 with all the attachments online. It was priced the same as most aftermarket ones.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...246&startrow=6
Old 01-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota OEM extender is rebadged AMP Research.

Whichever one you can find cheaper, they're the same product.

I personally just had the dealer add it to the pile because I knew I would use it. Don't be afraid of the OEM Extender...it's excellent quality.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I ordered the Amp Research Bed X-tender from 4wheelparts with a $40 instant rebate, but I think the rebate is over. Its a great product but it didn't come with the tailgate latches, I ordered those from Amazon.
Also got mine there for the same price. Received the latches with straps but they were missing the two strap latch inserts.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
If your avatar means anything (ie. you ride) then look into a readyramp. If you are just using it as an extender, then not worth the cost, or hassle, but if you ever put bikes in the bed, then a great investment.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
Also got mine there for the same price. Received the latches with straps but they were missing the two strap latch inserts.
Yea I couldn't pass up that deal. I wasn't going to pay $175-$200+. Jandrews is right, The "Toyota" extender is made by Amp Research.
Here is the strap latch kit needed:
http://www.amazon.com/AMP-Research-7...2007&carId=009
Old 01-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
gtdad66 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
gtdad66's Tacoma Gallery
go to summit and check out the top line brand. real clean and doesnt take up much space when not used. item # from summit racing below. good luck
Top Line Manufacturing BX4004-02 - Top Line Fold Down Bed Extenders
Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
amp research also makes a sweet mx extender which is like the toyota factory one.....but angles out beyond the tailgate and allows dirt bikes and snowmobiles to fit in the back of a sb.

Products Discussed in this Thread