Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tail light question??

Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Tail light question??

Hit search button and no luck ...
So I want to buy after market tail lights but they say wiring is different for my 2011 or is the wiring the same on 05-11??? And can u guys suggest so nice ones (pics)
Old 01-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Taco11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Taco11's Tacoma Gallery
Whats wrong with the LED tails that come stock?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaCoULuV2Hate View Post
Hit search button and no luck ...
So I want to buy after market tail lights but they say wiring is different for my 2011 or is the wiring the same on 05-11??? And can u guys suggest so nice ones (pics)
The wiring is all the same...who knows there webiste u looked at probably wasnt updated. Stick with the factory tails....
Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright I'll just black them out slightly ..
Thanks for info guys
Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Off the subject, but does anyone have a reference to photos of how the tail lights on the Tacoma differ from year to year? I was parked next to an identical Tacoma TRD DC Offroad 4x4 the other day, and those tail lights were different. Most likely a later year. Mine is an 05.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #7

U mean the led ones
Old 01-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
If that is what the different tail lights are, yes. Do you know when (what year) they were changed?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #9

im guessing from 09-11
i went and took my tailight off here are some pics
Old 01-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #10

Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #11

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you very much...sorry you went through so much trouble to take photos of the actual bulbs, if you did that just for my request... I just wanted to see the outside tail light lens and how it differs from mine...

Do you know if they are interchangeable with the earlier Tacomas, as in plug in and use the newer versions on an '05?